Voices Member,  in

How do I know if a house is truly for rent?

Asked by Voices Member, Tue Feb 12, 2013

How do I know if a house is truly for rent? I saw an amazing property and I sent an inquiry to the person listed but there is only a name and thats it. There isn't an email or a phone number to contact them directly which I would like to do since I am very interested.

Answers

10
Voices Member’s answer
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help. Here is the listing I found. http://www.trulia.com/rental/3108046291-3441-E-Rockledge-Rd-…

Now that I looked at it again, it is definetely too good to be true. There is nothing else in Awhatukee for that price range for the same quality. It's a shame that people do that. My husband and I were so excited that we were willing to pay double rent just so we could secure the house.

We are not scheduled to move out of our apartment until March 26th but again, if we find something that we really want we are willing to pay for it.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. My email is ms.vanessa_almeida@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Vanessa
Thanks Craig.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
This was recently sold but not listed for rent, I will notify Trulia that there is a scam listing on their site. Thank you for pointing this out.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
Hire. An. Agent.

Without one, you become a bloody fish in a shark tank. There are tons of scams and con rentals out there, and only an agent can find you a home that is legitimate.
Hi Vanessa,

A Realtor will be able to search in MLS to determine if the property you want is still for rent. If you want help viewing all the available rentals in your area, I'd be happy to help.

You have to be careful sometimes as to not get scammed. That home actually closed in February of this year for $386,550. Best of luck!

Brittany Celaya, Realtor®
HomeSmart
602-653-0375
brittanycelaya@gmail.com
20860 N Tatum Blvd #140
Phoenix, AZ 85050
If you work with a realtor they confirm if a house is truly for rent, who owns it and even look on the tax records to see if the house is in foreclosure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
You can contact any real estate agent with the information you have and they can track back to the listing to see if it is still on the market. They can also arrange for you to see the home and protect your best interests in getting a lease.
What is the address of the house you're interested in? I can see if I can find more information on it for you.
Dear Vanessa:

Be careful. Ask your Realtor. Scammers often take real information about a home and put it in a classified or some other ad and ask for a deposit. Your deposit is gone and the homeowner knows nothing about the scam. A Realtor is licensed and you can be sure of the service being provided. Often a Realtor in Arizona will not charge you to be represented.

Take care.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart Realty
Scottsdale
http://JeffMasich.com
Vanessa

Be cautious, we are seeing fraud in the market by some unscrupulous individuals posing as owners or property managers and stealing money. Make sure you know who it is and what they are doing.

Now about a house, would you like professional help if it cost you nothing? We can help you find a house and we get paid by the owner. You get a professional to help you navigate the process and find a home that works for your situation.
Vanessa,
I may be able to help you. Please email me the address.
Also what you are looking for ...

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (602) 507-3703
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
Vanessa,
Hello - What is the address? I'm more than happy to send you additional information. I can send you a list of all available rentals in the area if you are interested. Just send me a quick email and let me know exactly what you are looking for, price range, tentative move date, etc. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Liza Asbury
Realtor | Realty ONE Group
lizaasbury@gmail.com
480.452.6543
http://www.facebook.com/ValleyRentalHomes