Rebecca Lynn…, Renter in San Bernardino, CA

How can I find housing on extremelylow income ssi ?

Asked by Rebecca Lynn Lara, San Bernardino, CA Thu Sep 13, 2012

Hi
March 29 2011 lock out after 22 years I'm displaced in streets driving 4 counties so cal living in out of car at 54 single women disabled on ssi under $900 a month. My house payment 888 and it was 17,000 sq ft. I hate life today I'm confused lost alone and it's. Very heart breaking for me out here scared to death stressed lost so calif I hate it more daily housing can't help me I'm not emerengcy to them. Honestly displaced by government action they stold my home life world lost sons my only family. I cry I just don't know but I want a yard room to breath a life it's not fun !
Thank you. I'm on waiting lists only it will be 4 or more years god help me

Answers

8
Eddie Martini’s answer
You seem to have found some internet access. Have you research lower cost areas of Ca before heading out of state? SoCal is VERY expensive compared to a majority of the State of Ca. I am located in the NorCal area and in our area I know of people who are able to have an apartment located in a downtown area so you have the ability maybe of selling your car and using Public Transportation and or walking to get to any areas of need ie grocery store, Dr visits. These people are of similar age (some old then you) and similar income (under 900/mnth).
We all hope we have HELPED you with options you may not be able to think about in your present state of mind as it sounds overwhelming and again I hope I have helped with options that will better your situation.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
You have two choices in life, accept your situation and try to find a solution or blame your situation on outside forces and never move forward towards some stability.
The honest truth is sometimes life deals you a crappy hand, politics aside, there used to be ample services available for the hardest hit CA residents and now they are overburdened and ineffective for those needing them the most.
You can't delve into what was last year, you'll never get anywhere forward.
Family can be found in churches or support groups maybe in your area.
My heart goes out to you as it appears you are struggling and it is wearing on your emotions and ability to stand back up, the best thing is to be around people who may be able to assist you, churches would be the 1st place I would check with and beyond that reconnect maybe with family that is out there that you haven't had contact with.
You mentioned you son or sons earlier, talk to them and see how they can assist getting you back on your feet or helping you find services.

Sorry to say but this is a real estate forum and not oriented for outreach programs or social services so you may not find much value on this forum but I do wish you the best and hopefully you can find the strength to move forward and find some direction.

Have you tried these options?:
http://www.sbcounty.gov/SBCHP/ (San Bernardino County Homeless Partnership)
http://hss.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/hss/tad/default.asp
http://www.foothillfamilyshelter.org/

Bruce Slaton
Thank all of you for the hope .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2012
Hi , i could get something nice, if you really interest okay , you could just contact me through this mail , Tricia_courtney@ymail.com
You don't get it this has been my home
Now no family no nothing it's not just that simple picking up going at 54 single women
I'm empty I can't seem
To find where I fit any more
I'm confused
I am sorry to hear about your situation.
I agree with Bruce, perhaps you should consider moving out of state where cost of living is lower.
Meanwhile, you should try to contact local churches, and charity organizations. Perhaps, they can help you. God bless you.
State, Federal, and local governments cannot afford to help the people with sad stories as much as we used to. We spent that money in the war against Iraq. Homeless people have to look to private charities, generous individuals, and religious organizations for help. There will be more people in her situation in the coming years unless the economy is redirected toward regrowth of the middle class
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
I'm thinking you have a typo there with a 17,000 square foot home, maybe you meant 1,700?. CA is not known for cheap rents but I've seen many posts where relocating to another state makes more sense. If your on ssi and don't need the job market, can you imagine how refreshing a small town in another state could benefit you?

Maybe it's time to look at some of the surrounding states for more affordable accommodations.

I hope your situation improves soon and hopefully life starts looking a little more positive for you

Best wishes