For Rent in 90230>Question Details

Monet2439, Home Owner in Culver City, CA

How can I find a good and responsible female renter for my room in my home. once they are in, it's a nightmare.

Asked by Monet2439, Culver City, CA Mon Nov 4, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90230

If you are having trouble finding someone who isn't a nightmare, use a service that pre-screens candidates. Perhaps a local agent can recommend someone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 4, 2013
that's costly no? I am a college student...struggling
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013
It's hard with tenants, but you should screen as much as possible before you lease to anyone.
Insist upon references from prior landlords and check everything including credit carefully.

I would also do a background check even though this might be time consuming and cost, it's worth it. IF you can rent to a person that a friend recommends to you, that would be the best tenant.
I do have a month to month contract. Which has been broken by them in the past. Going to court and all that is costly too..I also have answered a few male ads recently. As a single female I know I have to be very careful that is a whole other situation. I also don't men bringing home women unless they are dating one girl maybe...I have been in the pyscho girlfriend deal before..not pretty!
As an alternative you may want to consider a Male tenant if you seem to be having so much difficulty with a female. You have the ultimate trump card as the homeowner until you allow the individual to move in. Don't be a victim. Control the deal on the front end and you may not have so much difficulty when your tenant moves in.