For Rent in 90049>Question Details

Sean Williams, Renter in Hollywood, CA

Hello, I was looking to find a service where a realtor finds my next apartment in West LA. What are the rates for a service like this?

Asked by Sean Williams, Hollywood, CA Fri Apr 19, 2013

I am looking to move within the month.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90049

Answers

10
Apartments are listed just like single family homes. Generally, the commission is 5%-6%. The listing agent receives one-half and the buyers agent receives one-half of total commission. The commission is paid by the seller. Example: Sales price $500,000 at 6% commission. Listing broker receives $15,000 and the buyers broker receives $15,000.00. Contact me for Westside apartment search. Need to know price range, down payment and desired ROI on investment. I can give you a daily search of available properties in price and area you desire via email.

Gail Mercedes Cole
http://yourwestsidehomes.com/
310.853.9933
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
Hi Sean,

We can help you find a place. Or, if you like take a look at what is currently available on our Rental search tab. If you find a place that would work for you, you can click to have us schedule a showing.
http://kimandkristine.tv/rentals/

OR if you need more a more personable contact, call us at 310-737-8173

Kind Regards,

Kim Halverson
Sisters-Realtors
Oops, I forgot to let you know. Our fee is paid by the landlord on any property listed on the mls. Just let us know how we can help you Sean. We know it's tough to find a good rental in West LA.
Flag Thu May 2, 2013
Hi Sean,

What price range are you looking at for lease? If it is less than around $3000 or so per month, you should probably try WestsideRentals or Craigslist, or you might have better luck driving around the neighborhood you are interested in and looking for "For Rent" signs". A lot of the cheaper rental properties and apartments are not advertised on the MLS.

If you are looking at more expensive rentals (greater than approx $3000/month), I would recommend for you to work with a real estate agent. Real estate agents are paid by the landlord/owner and it is free for you to use their services.

Feel free to send me an email at JamieTian@RodeoRE.com with your specific search needs/criteria and I would be happy to forward you a list of available properties in the area or answer any additonal questions/concerns you might have.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
Dear Sean,
There are a few "services" like this in Los Angeles, one is called Westside Rentals. With this service you pay for the listings and go on your own to see the apartments. Many apartment owners just put a sign in the front and have an on site manager handle the inquiries.
In my case I work with individual owner/clients to lease out their homes and condo's. in the Westside and Playa Vista. .Most of my leases are over 2,800 per month in my area.
Just as with buying property, when working with a Buyer Agent, they are normally paid by the seller (or the owner leasing the property in this case).
As a tenant, nothing. Landlords pay the agent based on the term of the lease.
Hello Sean,
I can do that for you.
If you email me at lynnleglaire@gmail.com, I can explain the details.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Lynn Le Glaire
So most cases in Los Angeles the owner of the apartment will pay the agent if they are listing it on the MLS. If they are not then sometime the agent may charge a %fee to help with this process. I do a lot of leasing so if you have questions let me know. I also rep a number of building.
Sean, depending on the rental unit, the cost to you can be zero. In this case, your Realtor would get paid by the landlord(owner).

I can explain your options to you in more detail without obligation. Please give me a call if you are interested.

Nicolas Romo
562-373-5120
http://www.sellingcasas.com
Web Reference: http://www.sellingcasas.com
Hello Sean,
If you'd like to email what you're looking for.. Area, price range, etc
I'd be happy to email you listings meeting your criteria. No charge.
Susan Bo'ur Realtor
Coldwell Banker
Susan@Beverlyhillsluxuryflats.com
Have a nice evening!
Real Estate Agents typically work on rentals that are very expensive... like $5K to $50K per month... if you are under that price range, you should probably look at westsiderentals.com

If you are within that price range I mentioned then you will get a lot of answers here.. contact them and see who you think works well with you and have them earn their money!

Best of luck!

Ron