For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

Ellen, Renter in Chicago, IL

Having a really hard time finding a building that will accept a German shepherd. I want to stay in Uptown or nearby. Rent not over $800.

Asked by Ellen, Chicago, IL Sun Aug 4, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Answers

8
Manuel Brown (312) 600-5710’s answer
Ellen,

It is always difficult to find a place with a large breed dog. If you are like me? Your put is very well behaved and you take care of your pet. A good leasing agent or broker can help you find the right place for you pet. Also, look on craigslist and domu.com.

Best of luck
Try craigslist or drive around the area and look for For Rent signs.

A pet at less than $800/mo will be difficult.
Hello, I know a few apartment unit that will except larger breed dogs in uptown. send me a email and we go from there Abacon@kalerealty.com
Get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
With a pet and a large one at that, expect to pay more and also put down a pet deposit. Condo owners are afraid of dogs disturbing others in the building. Try a house with a yard and get a real estate agent. They can limit the search easily to places that will take larger dogs, but plan on expanding your budget. South Loop is very dog friendly, but the price will definitely be an issue.
Finding a rental anywhere with a big dog is always an issue and at 800/mo in uptown another problem. walk around and look for rental signs or try another area farther west/north.
Ellen, are you a professional realtor?
No. I am currently living in a building that grandfathered me in with my shepherd but I need to look elsewhere for lower rent. I'm in Uptown and would love to stay or at least nearby.
Flag Mon Aug 5, 2013
Ellen, $800 won't get you much at market rate rents...and throw a large breed dog in the mix, well it'll be tough. What kind of buildings have you tried but were turned away b/c of your dog?

If you prefer to e-mail directly, feel free at the address below.

Regards
Mark
REMAX Edge
mjbazzetta@rcn.com