For Rent in Chicago>Question Details

af, Renter in Chicago, IL

Good places to live for two college girls! Need locations! And needs to be safe!

Asked by af, Chicago, IL Mon Jun 18, 2012

We are two college girls looking for a place to live near the loop. We have looked at places in Rogers Park, but that is so far north. We like West Town but seems the only places we can afford are in Humboldt Park. Does anyone have any suggestions for place too look? The rent we can afford is 900m/o including utilites. Thanks!

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Chicago

Answers

7
If you are limited by budget, then you'll have to go to where the apartments in that price range are available and try to find the best one in that neighborhood for you. If you want to be location-specific, then you might wind up sharing a one-bedroom. If you are in college, is college housing an option? Rents in Chicago are at an all-time high. This is a tough time to find low-priced housing, unfortunately. An agent is your best bet to help you navigate the city.
If you call me I can help find something in your price range .
Hello Ladies!
Your budget will need an adjustment! I have only found 3 units in your price range in areas that are not too far from the loop, where I myself would feel comfortable living alone. These did not include utilities! You will need more money or perhaps a 3rd room mate. I will be happy to help you. Please fell free to call or email.

Patti McDonald
Fresh Horizon Realty
312-450-8729
patti640@yahoo.com
Work with a Realtor to assist you with your search. Based on the info provided, you either need to increase your budget or plan on living further out ( maybe even some of the closer suburbs).
Are you looking for a two bedroom for $900 with utilities? That isn't a realistic budget for the areas that you would like to live.

Sorry...
900 a month may be too cheap for a two bedroom.

We cant comment on what is safe, but you may want to check out what is in your price range. That will vastly limit your area.

Also, get a good leasing agent to help. Its free to you!
a new one came on at 1922 oakdale, but that is not near any El stop. Do you need to be near the Red Line?