For Rent in 95624>Question Details

Kasa Li For…, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

Four adouts will be living in one house. One should be responsible pay for the rent. Do I have to ask the personal information for other three?

Asked by Kasa Li For sale, Sacramento, CA Mon Jun 11, 2012

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 95624

Answers

3
It's a good idea to get an application, and screen each adult that will occupy the property.
It is always a good idea to get all 4 co tenants to fill in the app form. It would be even better to screen & put all 4 co tenants on the contract. This way they would be jointly and severally responsible.
I assume you're the owner and the 4 are renters......if so, that depends on several things.

1) Do you qualify any of them in case the one 'responsible' party vacates or can't pay any longer?

2) Do you run background checks for evictions, sex offender status, or other criminal issues on your tenants?

3) If they breach the contract and can't pay, will you just evict the 'responsible' party and allow the others to remain free or do you want to file suit against all of them too for eviction?

Hopefully you get the picture......nobody stays in my rentals unless I know who they are and can run appropriate checks and legal actions as needed. It is my property to protect.

Darrell D. Drouillard
Home Team of America
16719 Huebner Rd., Bldg 4
San Antonio, Texas 78248
210-373-6160
210-881-6760 (Fax)

http://www.dddrealtor.com

'Serving all Your Real Estate Needs'