For Rent in Portland>Question Details

madreepage, Renter in Legacy Preserve, Hun...

Does anyone know of a landlord or property management company that accept section 8 in Portland or surrounding areas?

Asked by madreepage, Legacy Preserve, Huntsville, AL Tue Feb 11, 2014

Hi. I don't know if real people actually answer these questions, but I figured it's worth a shot! Having a hard time finding a house to rent with my section 8 voucher. The houses I find are in areas I find less than desirable. It seems most landlords renting properties in decent areas of town aren't willing to accept my housing voucher. Which makes no sense to me, since it's guaranteed rent. I'm seeking a 3 BD house, not apartment, with a fenced yard for my 8 year old son and chihuahua to play in, as well as space for my garden. Due to medical issues, I will also be having a caregiver stay some nights with me as well, which is why I need a 3 bedroom rather than a 2. If anyone knows of a place, or companies willing to rent to me, please let me know, it would be much appreciated!

Answers

2
Please check out our website at http://www.carefreeinc.com to see if we have any properties available that would fit your needs. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or to schedule viewings of any interiors.
As of July 1st, 2014, landlords iin Oregon will no longer be allowed to turn down an applicant simply because part of their rent comes in the form of a Section 8 voucher. In the mean time, post an ad on craigslist under "apartments wanted" and describe how & why you're the ideal tenant. Be absolutely truthful. Most owners/managers just want good tenants and don't care that much about the source of their income. Unfortunately, some tenants have given the program a bad reputation, so that's why some landlords won't consider the program if they don't have to. Explain in your ad how you're different.