For Rent in Sunnyvale>Question Details

daycare-prov…, Renter in Sunnyvale, CA

Daycare Provider looking for a house to rent in Sunnyvale

Asked by daycare-provider, Sunnyvale, CA Sun Jul 1, 2012

I'm looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom house to rent in Sunnyvale. My credit and Income are very good. I'm a licensed daycare provider and will be taking care of kids during the day. Only two adults will be living in the house. I would appreciate any leads for the same. If you are able to find me a rental house, I'd be happy to pay you a finders fee.

With Gratitude,
Daycare Provider

Answers

5
craigslist is the best source. You have to answer quickly because the rental market is competitive.
Thank you. I truly appreciate your help, Marcy.
Day care provider,
My 2 tips would be:

1. Get a binder from your insurance company showing you are paying the additional insurance
2. Put up signs at parks and community areas where parents take their babies and pre-schoolers. Maybe someone who needs day care also has a rental property and will see you as a benefit rather than a liability.

Marcy
Web Reference: http://www.marcymoyer.com
Thank you Marcy. My challenge has been that the rental market is currently hot in Sunnyvale and most landlords are shying away from renting their house to me stating liability issues due to having children in the house during the day. I'm happy to carry additional insurance if needed. Any tips or creative solutions from anyone would be highly appreciated.

With Gratitude,
Daycare Provider
Daycare provider I am sure you are doing this but check all the rental sites twice a day, trulia, craigslist, rent.com, the newspapers, especially Mercury News, put ads on craigslist under rentals wanted, and drive the neighborhoods looking for "For Rent" signs.
Mary Moyer
DRE 01191194