For Rent in Eugene>Question Details

MELSBELS1969, Renter in Santa Clara, OR


Asked by MELSBELS1969, Santa Clara, OR Wed Feb 13, 2013

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Eugene

Help the community by answering this question:


Some landlord may consider Section 8 if the area they are renting in has a higher than normal vacancy rate. The house has to qualify. It would actually be easier I would assume to find someone who is interested when the weather turns for the better. There can be no peeling paint on the exterior of the house as well as the interior. With warmer weather the landlord has a better opportunity to make improvements that would allow Section 8 tenants access to more housing. I have a Section 8 tenant in one of my rentals. It took 3 weeks to get approval to rent to them. We had to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops and expense to make Section 8 happy. There is a well on the property that the water had never been tested for ecoli bacteria but had an ultraviolet light that purifiies the water should there be any bacteria. Section 8 wasn't concerned about any bacteria except ecoli. The water tested good. Amazing. We have had these systems for over 20 years and Section 8 still wasn't aware of how they worked or that they actually worked.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
The best place to find section 8 housing is at HACSA. Another place to call might be the rental owners association in your area. Eugene ROA's number is (541) 485-7368 (RENT).

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Oregon > Lane County > Eugene > For Rent in Eugene > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer