For Rent in Newington>Question Details

Carolina Rey…, Other/Just Looking in Meriden, CT

Best way to find homes for rent from landlords and not companies?

Asked by Carolina Reyes Price, Meriden, CT Tue Oct 30, 2012

I'm currently seeking a home for rent. All of the rental communities are one floor apartments, worn out and not so appealing. I'd like to rent a townhome/two-story condo from a landlord but don't see many posted. Should I ask a realtor for help or is there a place I should be looking instead of browsing the usual rental websites?

Answers

2
Ron Thomas’ answer
It appears that most Owner/Landlords do not use a lot of services:
They put a FOR RENT sign on the lawn and depend upon word-of-mouth.
I would recommend driving around in the neighborhoods you are interested in, and looking for the signs.
Granted, gas isn't cheap, but neither is TIME.
Outside of the rental websites, Craigslist and the local paper, your best bet is using a local REALTOR, particularly one who specializes in multi-family homes and rentals. They routinely work with investors so they always have their "ear to the ground" for new opportunities.

I'm currently carrying a couple of rental properties myself. One is a 3BR, 2.5BA house in the Mt. Carmel section of Hamden and the other is a 2BR, 2BA townhouse-style condo in the Westville section of New Haven. If you'd like more info, please email me at EmbarkWithMARK@GMail.com.