For Rent in San Diego>Question Details

Jenayalynn C…, Renter in San Diego, CA

Any rental agent suggestions for some one looking to rent in a year? I am relocating from NC so I want to do my research now.

Asked by Jenayalynn C Riojas, San Diego, CA Fri Jul 12, 2013

Answers

4
Use the next 10 months to idenfy the communities you prefer.
Then in Apr/May 2014, contact an agent or troll the rental sites for available rentals in those communities. When you find one...call. Don' t rely on those 'contact' links.
I suggest for the best resource and the most properties, go direct to Craigslist.org Be careful of anyone who wants money from you upfront - there a a few scams on there. Good Luck !!
Hi...well first thing to understand is how rentals are handled in San Digo and CA in general. Only about 5% of all rentals are found on the MLS while another 40% are handled by management companies. That means 55% of rentals are marketed and arranged in a more direct manner. I know I'm probably not supposed to mention olther sites but Craigslist probably has the largest percentage of availablr rentals. Its a mix of agents...managers...and owners.

I would start about 3 months out.

Frederick Remick
TOP PRO
Meridian Capital RE
619 519 3287
It certainly does not hurt to research areas to determine if this is a location you will want to live. You can also research what the rental rates are for homes in the areas you like.

A year is a bit too soon to focus on a particular house since it may not be available when you are ready and may not be in the same condition.