Financing in Harrisburg>Question Details

Blstrahan04, Home Buyer in 17011

will usda waive the requirement whereby the well must be 50 feet from the septic if the lot is too small and cannot accomodate such distance?

Asked by Blstrahan04, 17011 Wed Jun 6, 2012

Answers

4
PHFA would that work, if its more than 75 but less than 100 ft?
You will not be able to get it waived.. I did a FHA deal similiar to USDA and we had to get approval from FHA (my sellers had to pay for a survey ($400) , get something in writing from the supervisor of the township saying it was grandfathered and information from a septic inspector and send it off to FHA.

It took over 6 months to get the approval but we got it approved (grandfathered) and went to settlement

I am would think that you may be able to do all these items and send it to USDA to see what you can do.
sorry this is LIsa Gerlach from Exit.. the name says Tom Kiker but I wrote the comments.. good luck
Flag Wed Jun 6, 2012
No They put that rule in place to protect the homeowners . So getting them to bend on it would not be likely.
My experience with USDA is that they have many rules and have few that they bend, break or ignore. My guess is no.