Question Details

Cj, Home Owner in Ocean City, NJ

will banks do a refi if im collecting unemployment,i have equity,savings& great credit,thanks ?

Asked by Cj, Ocean City, NJ Thu Apr 7, 2011

Answers

1
Hi Cj,
I am surprised that no one has answered your question yet. Short answer "probably not". In order for an underwriter to approve your loan, there are many factors that come into play. One being "steady employment for the last two years in the same or like profession". "Steady" being the operative word here. However, there are other questions that come into play such as:
Why do you need to re-fi?
Do you normally get laid off for periods of time but go back relatively soon thereafter. (ie. a seasonal job, working for a union etc.)
How much equity do you have and when do you plan to return to full time employment?
Congrats on your great credit. Keep in mind that there are many mortgage people that will just tell you "no" without having talked with their underwriting dept. Because every person has different circumstances and facts that go into the underwriters decision to approve a loan or not, it is best to talk with several banks, lenders, etc.
If you need to re-fi because you are having difficulty making your current payments due to the lay-off, you have other options if re-financing is out!
feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help you to consider those options 860-642-9918 Cathy