Financing in Portland>Question Details

Bradley L La…, Other/Just Looking in Portland, OR

who are the best hard money lenders in oregon?

Asked by Bradley L Lawrence, Portland, OR Thu Apr 29, 2010

Answers

23
Next time you are in need of a hard money lender contact North Coast Financial, Inc. We have some great lending partners with very competitive lending programs in Oregon. http://www.northcoastfinancialinc.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 31, 2015
Call Dave Nelson at Wasatch Credit Association. Really easy to work with 503 804-0262
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 14, 2015
KimCo Funding.
They work with funding companies and private lenders.
503-764-7657
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013
HIGH RETURN HARD MONEY WANTED FOR 6 NEW HOMES AT 65% OF LTV
KENTON PARK HIGH DEMAND AREA 2 MILES OF JANTZEN BEACH

THE 65% LTV INCLUDES THE FINISHED LOTS .ALL PERMITS AND A FIXED
BID FOR 45 YEAR BUILDER WITH OVER 12,000 HOMES BUILT.

WE HAVE THE ONLY BUILDABLE LOTS FOR MILES HIGH DEMAND
2 NEW HOMES 2 BLKS AWAY 1910 SF AT $499,900 HAVE 10 SOLD COMPS
RETIRED TOP 1 % REALTOR NOW PRIVATE INVESTOR 503-324-1185
Flag Mon Oct 5, 2015

Flag Mon Oct 5, 2015
Fairplay Funding!

They are a great source of funding.. Low rates and extremely reputable. One of the Top 500 fastest growing real estate and lending companies in the USA.
Web Reference: http://fairplay.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
Silverado Funding LLC. David Scott is an amazing broker. Helpful, knowledgeable, experienced and fantastically fun to work with. I recommend him at every opportunity.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 24, 2011
Looking for land lender in Oregon-
50% loan
R1-development land
I am looking for a 300,000 home loan Oregon secured w a deed of trust-

credit score of 760-have a party that will rent immediately

jinness1@hotmail.com
Help - I need a solution for a great deal on an undervalued property - has a 150k first and 16k second that was used for new hvac/roof and windows - in addition to owner sinking 82k in cash in.

He will carry a 12-24 month Owner finance and would preferrably just get rid of the second loan at a minimum. He financed in order to prevent foreclosure from relatives. listed below market and owner is very flexible - owns other rentals/properties and wants this one gone.

Property is 4k +sq ft in a nice area of Beaverton/hillsboro high tech.

contact Marc marccrowl@outlook.com or 503-985-2122
Bridgeview Mortgage offers flexible private money financing. http://www.PrivateMoneyResources.com
I am looking for a purchase loan $131k for rehab in Portland.

Have a loan pkg. Stan 619 417 7793
Flag Mon Jan 11, 2016
Been in business for over 30 years. Great record with the BBB and the State of Oregon.

Oregon Land Mortgage
http://www.oregonlandmortgage.com
(800) 922-4422
I will vote Chris and the Oregon Land Mortgage Co. as a 'easy' to deal with! I have not received any dollar commitments as of 2 Feb 13, trying since the End of Dec 12. I will admit that the 'Commercial Property's current 'deed' holders keep changing their 'wants' for the amount needed to payoff and get a 1st Deed! Chris, assures me, he is trying! This Dec 12 request, is dead, because i pulled the request! I'm now trying for a 'hard money' loan of 10% apr for 80,000 for a 5 ac w/home site within a 'deeded' 50ac plot of rural Coos County Land! If Chris, can't find a lender, I will deal with any 'legal' lender that wants to lend on the Land, not the Man! "No, loser's, just a payment, kind of person! Geno L.
Flag Sat Feb 2, 2013
I appreciate the tip.
I just looked them up. They do appear to be very professional and helpful.
I actually know one of the Board members, so I'll be talking with them about their model and their results.
Thank you.
To the two people who suggested Greyson and Silverado, I appreciate it, thanks!
I have not talked with Greyson financial, but I will be sure to look them up and talk with them.
And I agree completely about David Scott at Silverado, he's a great guy!
We talk every once in awhile, and he and I are meeting for lunch next week.
Thanks again for the referrals.
And good luck and good business to everyone here!
Greyson Financial LLC is a private money lender covering Willamette Valley, Oregon coast and some central Oregon areas. http://www.GreysonFinancial.com
Stephen,
I appreciate the referral.
I believe I actually talked with Patrick once or twice, years ago, but have not had current contact info for him for several years.
Bradley
Julie, thanks for the info.
Bradley
Patrick Carney
Custom Mortgage, LLC
Phn 503-362-2888
Cell 503-559-7007

Done.
Julie while thats helpful to some, I believe he is looking for true hard sources but shouldnt speak for him. USB is a great source for what we USED to call Sub-A money or non conforming before those terms were used to describe different product. I started in 1979 though and am a dinosaur. USB doesnt come near 'hard money' guidelines though. I remember when Countrywide (shudder) used to break fnma guides just enough so that we called their A paper 'sub-A' Of course they took in a LOT of broker biz because of it.

Wells Fargo does indeed 'have money', being the biggest player of all now in the country. The perfect mortgage storm was just what they needed. Getting it from them is like pulling hens teeth. They are slow, overloaded and disorganized. I know, as last year I did a contract stint as an underwriter for them. Id open a file marked 'PLEASE CLOSE BY FEB 1st' that was given to me in April!!

So are the big box boys offering the best deals? Yes and no. Their rates are not that hard to beat using some large bankers. I guess you could say they are the best sources out there if you consider they are almost the ONLY lenders left. By the way learn another profession, as true mortgage brokers days are limited. I closed my 30 year mortgage shop and now do only real estate.
The big box banks, Wells Fargo and US Bank in particular, have the money to lend and are offering the best deals now. Key Bank also has a program for zero down with no PMI. I know US Bank is doing a 10% down with no PMI. All of them do the FHA loans with 3.5% down.
The usual Lake Oswego crowd and their sources not doing the job any more? Most of the hard money people I knew/know are no longer loaning to others. They are working their own money for their own gain by popping shorts, REOs, and flips from pre-foreclosure sellers. This has especially hurt land loans.

What about that group who funded the southern Oregon project? They have any money left? I know of ten sfrs that can be bought directly from a bank at a big discount for cash if you have a sugar daddy---let me know.
Thank you for the information, Lana.
I'm asking the question because I would like to find out the opinions of others who are using lenders now active in the market.
Since you are one, why dont you answer your own question?
Rogue River Mortgage does the best with hard money lenders here in the Grants Pass area - not sure for the Portland area!