Financing in Houston>Question Details

Brittany, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

where is the best state to be a real estate agent for someone just starting out?

Asked by Brittany, Houston, TX Wed Sep 3, 2008

Answers

5
Brittany,

Texas has 4 of the nations top 10 markets where home values are appreciating:

Austin
San Antonio
Huston
Dallas

According to Yahoo the other cities are:

Raleigh
San Francisco
St Louis
Portland
Denver
Baltimore

Hope this is helpful
The "Eckler Team"
Pick where you want to live and there is good activity in the market. I think it does help to know some about the area, but you can learn. I'd think the biggest question I'd ask is where is your business going to come from. I think in some ways it might be easiest to start where you know some people-friends-family-coworkers. Most research shows the most successful realtors are doing business with people they know or contacts of people they know. So if you pick city X and you don't know a sole, you'll need to figure out a quick way to get to know people who can refer you business. With all that said I don't think you want to move in the middle of your career if possible. If you want to move, then now is the time to do and and start building your business in the community where you want to live.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Brittany,

Both responses from Margaret and Juan are right on the money. It all boils down to what you really want out of a Real Estate career and how self-motivated you are? I've run a handful of business before getting into real estate and can tell you that this business is very unique in it's own... it's all about personal attention and being very proactive in talking to people and staying in touch.

However, if you are asking geographically about what state you should be in.. I would chose the state where you absolutely would love to live! Pride goes a long way when selling real estate and if you love your location; it's that much easier to protrude that admiration onto your clients.

Just my two cents.
Web Reference: http://www.eXposedHomes.com
Brittany,
Juan is right on the State of Mind. Why would you want to go elsewhere. A realtor should be knowledgeable about the area and property they are selling, I may be assuming but, are you not from Houston.
Texas does have the strictest or near strictest requirements for a Real Estate Lic. but it is quit doable or you should not be in the profession.
Texas has not suffered as much as the rest of the nation in this temporary Real Estate tightening so you are in the best place right now,
Just get the right guidance, training and choose the right office and as Juan says the right State of MInd, and Good Luck.
Margaret
Hi Brittany,

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but the best state is your state of mind. If you have the right attitude, a little money to market yourself and are a self starter, go getter, then you will be successful anywhere. Feel free to contact me if you would like to chat.

Juan Carlos