Financing in Chicago>Question Details

Coffee, Renter in Chicago, IL

where can i get a fha loan?

Asked by Coffee, Chicago, IL Mon Jan 23, 2012

Answers

17
I would recommend finding a broker or service to help you locate a reputable lender that can approve your loan at a decent rate. I have client's who have got approved and received a good rate at The Lenders Network on FHA and VA loans with scores even under 600
Coffee: I can help you with an FHA loan. Most lenders can. But I ask ... is there a specific reason that you are asking for that type of loan prior to speaking with a mortgage lender? It has been mentioned below .. and I will suggest it too. It's best to speak to a mortgage lender, provide your financial scenario/information, discuss your hopes, wants, needs for housing and finances for your future ... then consider the options that you have available to you. Perhaps FHA will be the best option for you both in the short-term and long-term, but until you follow-through with what I've suggested here, you will not know for sure. You may have more options that you think.
Should you want more information ... or to just discuss what options lie before you, please feel free to contact me. I'll be glad to help. Best of luck to you, no matter your final decision ...
Gene
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 24, 2012
Coffee, my advice is to check the BBB first then pick any mortgage broker... An FHA loan is very easy to acquire.

Riccardo Wardlow
Owner
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-670-8266

*We do Conventional loans down to a 620 score
*We do FHA loans down to a 580 score
*We do USDA loans down to a 620 score (no money down)
*We do $100 down payment FHA program
*Unlimited Loan To Value refinances on Fannie/Freddie refinances (only on loans originated before May 31st 2009
*We do VA loans down to a 620 score
*We give free counseling on what needs to be done to improve your credit score.
*We do 203k loans down to a 620 score
*We do reverse mortgages
*We do JUMBO loans to 12 million
Hello Coffee,

I can help you with that e-mail any questions you may have billp@qualitymortgagelending.net
Hello Coffee, If you have 600 credit and 3.5% to put down, you can get an FHA loan from a few select lenders who will manually underwrite a loan for folks who have credit under 630. If over 630, it becomes much easier to obtain an FHA loan. -- We have an in-house Baird&Warner mortgage specialist who can get you approved to buy something (which I can help you with). Just call me at (847) 533-7115. Thanks, John
Coffee, Actually, you can "get" an FHA loan from your computer...there are many, many online lenders that are happy to "sell" you an FHA loan. However, they won't provide your the knowledge you really need to make correct choices that mirror your goals and aspirations. There is FAR more to selecting a mortgage product and/or a mortgage professional than "What's your rate?". In fact, that is the last question a potential home buyer should be focused on.

@Gene is 1000% correct in his comment (thumbs up). i have known Gene for a couple years via the blogoshere and I don't believe there is a more knowledgeable and ethical mortgage professional in ChiTown (yes, I know your beautiful city well). My suggestion is that you contact Gene....have an initial conversation about your goals and aspirations....let Gene explain what you can, and cannot do, in the lending process....then evaluate if an FHA loan is the prefect loan for you. In short, it is always best to keep the horse in front of the cart. Best to you!
Happy Monday Coffee! I have a wonderful Mortgage Consultant that can address your need for receiving an FHA Loan because that is their specialty. His name is Mr. Tony Pierce with PHH Home Loans. And, the best number to reach him is (773) 443-9500. Inform him that CJ Pruitt sent you. Talk soon Coffee.
Any lender can assist you with an FHA loan. FHA doesn't actually make the loan they just insure a portion of it thus lowering the banks risk. The guidelines however have changed significantly and it will be important for you to work with a trusted lender to help you through the paperwork! Best Wishes!
you need to walk meet with a loan officer.. not on line but call them and talk to them and do exactly what they say..if you do not do exactly what they say you will not be getting a loan
Web Reference: http://www.joeschiller.net
Coffee,

1st of all can you say why you believe you need an FHA Loan. Many people believe this is the only loan available with a low down payment. That is no longer true. An FHA loan would be important for someone who might have a low credit score. An FHA loan would allow for the entire down payment to come from a relative. Construction money to fix up a new purchase can be included in several types of FHA loans (and others too).

If you are needing an FHA loan specifically you will want to work with FHA specialists. I have 2 I refer regularly. Well Fargo is one of the top performers in this area. I use James Huffer or Rick Lapins. Best way to contact them is at 773-274-4115. Fifth Third bank is the other. Call Diane Faulk at (847) 800-4867.
Please tell them I recommended you to them.

Of course you need an agent as well. Depending on which area you are searching I, or one of my associates, can help. Our agents cover a very wide area. Contact me and we can discuss your needs.

Deb Russcol, GRI
The Realtor Who Listens to Your Needs
RE/MAX Edge
773-353-9185.
Coffee,

You can get an FHA loan with most banks or local lenders.
The best thing is simply to make some calls to some lenders to get some options for you.
I would start by calling the suggestions given from the answers from your question first.
If you compare the lenders you will find one that seems the most compatible to you and your needs.
Good luck in your home purchase...

Steve Smither
Senior Loan Originator
Midwest Equity Mortgage
847-942-5151
ssmither@ardain.com
http://www.stevesmither.com
http://www.chicagomortgagerateinfo.com
Your best bet is to meet with a local and trusted loan officer of provides FHA loans. They can easiliy let you know if they do andthen prequailify you at no cost and let you know if you quailify for FHA or not. Stay away form internet lenders, stay local where you have a local contact,.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Coffee,

Definitely work with an expert in FHA Financing. Many say they offer it, but have no idea how to structure and close the loan. I'm the expert in this field. With over 6 years experience in FHA lending, I will walk you through the entire process.

Call me today!
Alex Romo

Alexander Romo
Senior Vice President -FHA/VA/IHDA/HOMEPATH Specialist
ChicagoBancorp | 300 N. Elizabeth St 3E |Chicago,IL 60607

Office: 312.738.8430 | SecureE-Fax: 312.628.8311
alexander@chicagobancorp.com
NMLS# 217060
You may Call Zorica Kovaevic (847) 322-7136
She have done many for me and my clients.
Web Reference: http://Kkyan.com
You can get an FHA loan from a qualified lender. Get yourself pre approved first and then go shopping for your new home/condo.

Bill J Deligiannis
First Centennial Mortgage
630-788-5288
B.Deligiannis@GoFCM.com
Web Reference: http://www.BJDLOANS.com
You can get a pre approval for a FHA loan online or at your local bank. Additionally if you are working with a Realtor I would use whom ever he or she refers to you.
Many different lenders! Let me know if you need a referral.
Web Reference: http://AmericorpRe.com