Financing in Dutchess County>Question Details

tnavasardian, Home Seller in New York, NY

what is a typical commission rate for Dutchess county, NY (millbrook). many thanks!

Asked by tnavasardian, New York, NY Thu May 9, 2013

Answers

2
Commissions are by law, negotiable. Typically a seller's commission is between 5-6%, but can diverge from that for a number of reasons. Also, there are a number of "discount brokers" around, but you need to consider your options. Basically the phrase "you get what you pay for" holds true. We're more than happy to consult with you at no charge.
< Jim & Cas
As with anything to do with real estate everything is negotiable. It also depends on the value of the property in question. A multi million dollar property might us a sliding commission scale. The typical commission is 5-6% I personally offer a different rate if I happen to represent both the buyer and seller on the same deal. Give me a call we can talk....there is no commission for the conversation! ;-)