Financing in Tampa>Question Details

Jessica, Home Buyer in 33579

this is a question about lennar homes lending

Asked by Jessica, 33579 Tue Jun 18, 2013

Ok so I really like the lennar homes floor plan . SO here is my question . Im working with a realtor and the home price is 234,990 can my realtor or will lennar homes drop that price by a lot or just alittle? Is it easy to with a home builder to neg??

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Tampa

Answers

8
Lynn Brock’s answer
Jessica, often builders have a set price but will provide incentives to the buyer. These incentives may be offered in the form of shopping dollars towards upgrades, seller's credit toward closing costs, lender incentives if using their lender.

Is your desire for a better price because you'd like a deal or because your preapproved for an amount less than the asking price?

Your best advocate is your buyer's agent. Your buyer's agent serves as an ombudsman on your behalf with the builder and negotiations through the contract.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
Jessica;

I have sold for LENNAR Homes for over 8 years. I left the company the end of May and am now in general Real Estate.

I have a couple of suggestions. First, they are very strict on price, in most cases. However, they are considerably more "flexible" on additional closing costs (Most communities have a standard amount already) or discounts on upgrades and site premiums. However, the end of the month can be a better time to negotiate especially if they are short on sales quota for the month. The end of the quarter can be even better. Their fiscal quarters end on 5/31, 8/31, and 11/30.

The down side to waiting is that Home prices are going up!

This is very helpful, Bill! I'm looking at a Lennar development right now. You only mention 3 fiscal quarter end dates so I'm assuming 2/28 is also one. Correct?
Flag Sat Jan 10, 2015
Its not a matter of whether its easy but do you have any bargaining power... Are you already pre approved for your financing? Do you have a current home to sell or can you close quickly? It will depend on how strong of a buyer that you are. You can contact me and we can discuss further... (813) 355-6383
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 19, 2013
Jessica,

I just helped my client buy a Lennar home last week. The list price was right at 200K....we got 10,900 in closing cost paid, 8,000 worth of fence install, pendant lights installed in the kitchen and he got it all for 203K with a $500.00 down payment. He will actually get a check back at the closing table. So yes you can get that price brought down. Good Luck and Congrats.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 18, 2013
Hello Jessica,

I have seen you ask many question on Trulia. You should be discussing all of these questions with your Realtor. Your Realtor should be helping you through this process and answering the questions you may have. Some builders will negotiate and some will not. You should just ask the Lennar associate what they can do on the price. If they really want to sell the home they may agree. It doesn't hurt to ask.
In my experience Lennar will not drop prices on to be built homes, they will offer you some money for upgrades and closing assistance...that way they maintain the community price in from dropping. However they will negotiate on completed inventory homes, so that is the way to go if you want them to cut you a reduction. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
I agree with Lisa Reeves for the most part builders do not budge on price but may help with closing cost ETC

Jim Pell
While the builders are usually not negotiable on the actual purchase price, they will offer incentives as part of the total price. These incentives range from closing costs to free upgrades or appliances. If they come down in price it hurts the values of previous buyers and your value as well.