Financing in 74501>Question Details

Robert, Home Buyer in McAlester, OK

need home loan to purchase fixer upper

Asked by Robert, McAlester, OK Thu Apr 2, 2009

theres a home my wife and i are really interested in purchasing however it has minor cosmetic needs (new carpet and paint but thats all) the realtor said it wouldnt qualify for an fha loan, even though this will be our primary residence as first time buyers. what loan would we need to apply for to purchase this home? it is only $50,000.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 74501

Answers

2
Robert,

If the needs are ONLY those that are truly minor and/or cosmetic, there should be no problem obtaining an FHA loan. In the past, FHA had much more stringent guidelines for property condition than they do today. In fact, FHA has a loan that will allow for money to be loaned in order to do renovations to the home.

The FHA 203k Streamline loan will provide for many improvements to your purchase including paint, flooring, siding, accessibility, plumbing, mechanical and even appliances. This loan is not for everybody or every home, but can be a great deal for the right buyer )or existing homeowner for refinancing to include improvements).

While your Realtor is trained and updated in their field, many times Realtors can't stay up to date with the myriad of changes that are going on in residential lending. I respect what they do for home buyers and sellers, in marketing a home and finding the right home for a buyer, and in making sure that they help you understand much of the home ownership process. But, with that said, your mortgage professional should be your trusted advisor to help you with the financial aspects of buying a home. I work with Realtors to help you get the best deal on your home.

If you have any questions about your mortgage options or specific information about the property that you are referring to, please do not hesitate to ask. I am ready to serve.

Tim Epps
Mortgage Advisor
Fairway Mortgage
918-528-4010
Tim@MyFairway.net
Many people are not aware any home repairs at your expense same as investors who purchase homes for a profession, then resale.

I am a realtor, loan officer, general contract all my homes use my charge cards for repairs.

Lynn911
~ National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair, Mortgage Loan Officer
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com