Financing in 78130>Question Details

anthony33sho…, Home Buyer in New Braunfels, TX

need help looking to buy a home

Asked by anthony33short, New Braunfels, TX Tue Dec 25, 2012

I have looked everywhere for help to buy a home and ran out of options.my wife has a 640 and i have a 600 we are in our 30s with 3 kids.i want to own a home before im 40 sounds funny but its sad.does any one know of a lendor that can help us buy a home with little to no money down .thank you

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 78130

Answers

9
Hello Anthony,

The lender you choose isn't the only factor in the process. You also need an agent that has the contacts with the lenders and that can point you in the right direction. It is easy to spin your wheels and get nowhere when you credit score is lacking. I can help you with your search for a home in an area where USDA loans are popular with no money down as well. Contact me. My phone number is 512-657-8827 and my email address is pamcopeland@reliancerr.com.
Hi Anthony,

I know a lender here in New Braunfels who recently helped a customer increase their credit score from a 514 to 611 in sixty days. He's definately a problem solver and if you'd like to email me at tom.shallue@libertymutual.com, I'll forward you his contact information.

If you're open to comparing insurance, I can also send you an estimate for any properties you're interested in to see what the annual home insurance will cost.
I can help you find a home in New Braunfels too! I know the area, and the inventory, and I can get you together with a great lender who will be able to get you into the right loan. You are still able to purchase a home with both you, and your wife's current credit scores. Here are the FHA guidelines per FHA 2013 for credit scores and down payment requirements;

"FHA minimum credit score is 530. New FHA policy requires a minimum credit of 530 to buy a home or refinance. In the old days FHA did not require any credit score. These changes went in to effect in 2010.To buy a home you will need a minimum credit score of 530.
Borrowers with credit score above 580 require a 3.5% down payment. The funds can be a gift from a family member and a 6% seller's concession is allowed. Often, 12 months of rental history is required for credit score below 620.
For first-time buyers, determining a maximum affordable monthly payment is key. F.H.A. mortgage insurance premiums are added into the principal, along with interest and escrowed taxes and insurance amounts. HUD estimated that the annual premium increase will add, on average, $5 a month to consumers’ mortgage costs. Some low-income buyers, however, may be eligible for grants or other assistance to cover some of their closing costs".
I hope this information helps! Again, please feel free to call me if you have any questions and I would be more than happy to help you!
Tammy Duarte
My wife does not want the usda loan she want to stay in new braunfels.which makes it a little harder our kids go to school there and she wants to keep them there
It looks like Tamra gave you some great information. There are many programs out there and many lenders who would be willing to give you the options. If it is not possible to purchase the home you want now than an excellent lender will give you steps to take to get you where you need to be.
Hi Anthony,
First, I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Tammy Duarte, and I am a Texas Affordable Housing Specialist with Keller Williams. I help people that are purchasing their first home, or need to get their credit scores up, or find programs that will help you save money when you do buy. I live here in Canyon Lake, but I also sell homes in Fischer, Spring Branch, Blanco, New Braunfels, Selma, Shertz, Converse, Seguin, and so on. I have 2 really awesome lenders that I work with! Canyon Lake, however, is USDA qualified, and what that means is (you and the home will need to qualify), 0 down, 100% financing, and no property mortgage insurance! That could mean anywhere from 80.00 to 120.00 (or more, depending on the amount of home you are purchasing) off of your monthly payment!
Please feel free to call me at anytime,(I am working today). You may also go to my website to search on the MLS for homes @ http://www.tamraduarte.com.yourkwagent.com, and my cell# is (512)294-9583. I look forward to meeting you and your family, and helping you purchase your new home!
Tamra Duarte REALTOR®, TAHS
Canyon Lake, Texas
(512)294-9583 cel
(512)857-8827 fax
http://tamraduarte.kwrealty.com
Yes, I have a lender that can help you. I am out of town visiting my children. I will return to work after the new year. I look forward to helping you make home ownership a reality. I have recently helped several young people get into a home. Please call me at 830-708-5254. Thank you, Mary Smith... Therealmarysmith.com
I know a lender that can assist you as well.

CONTINENTAL MORTGAGE AND INVESTMENTS
703-522-2200 x3206
http://www.cmicloan.com
Contact: Tina Bartley
tbartley@cmicloan.com

Restrictions apply. They may not be able to provide financing in your state.
Go to a local bank or call SWBC mortgage(Ellen Bunde or Nova Vorheis) and ask for a USDA loan. 640 is about ballpaark for minimum credit score. The program is designed for people that don't have money for dowwn payments.

Then call me and let me know when you can go forward.

Tracy Gieck
830-708-6363