Financing in 48838>Question Details

Maxine, Home Owner in Belding, MI


Asked by Maxine, Belding, MI Sun Mar 27, 2011

We have given a down payment to a co.called Apex,they are suppose to be lowering our interest,it is 6.8,they said as low as 2-3%,we interviewed over the phone thae said we were approved,now I printed off 15 pages of documents that I have to fill out,Also taxex from 4 years ago !!! Main concern is husband working part time for cash,will they accept that?Family of 3,I work parttime too,I get 894.00 a month for s.s.disability,daughter 334.00 so app.2,000 a month/500.00 a week,would they approve my husbands cash paid payroll??We need this mod.very bad.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 48838

Help the community by answering this question:


Consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate before submitting any additional paperwork--if you cannot afford an attorney, contact your local Legal Aid Society and or Bar Association.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 27, 2011

Good Morning!!! Is Apex the company that holds your mortgage?? You should not have to pay any up front fees for a loan modification. You should be dealing directly with your lender. There are new laws being passed to stop companies from charging up front fees for modifications and then not doing them.

My advice would be to contact your lender to discuss a possible HAMP loan modification or contact an attorney who specializes in loan modification.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer