Financing in North Miami>Question Details

Sandra, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

ii will be receiving a gift from my mother for a downpaymnet for first home purchase is this tax except and is there percentage cap of amount of gift

Asked by Sandra, Miami, FL Tue Jun 1, 2010

Answers

4
Sandra,

Generally you should owe no income tax on the receipt of a gift of any amount. The person making the gift to you may have a gift tax consequence, but if they do it is their reponsibility to pay and not yours. Please contact your tax advisor if you have more questions.

Carrie Roberts
Michael Saunders & Company
5100 Ocean Blvd
Sarasota, Fl 34242
CarrieRoberts@michaelsaunders.com
Hi, Sandra

As already answered, your best off asking your accountant regarding the tax exemption. However, regarding the cap for a gift, there are none.
Hello Sandra,

I can not answer the tax question and you should ask your accountant that question, but I can tell you that there is no cap on the amount of a gift you can get from your mother. If you have any other financing questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Joshua Lerette - The Tampa Bay Mortgage Pro
727-488-7355
Josh@TheTBMortgagePro.com
Your best source of information regarding any tax questions, is your tax professional and or tax attorney--consider a consultation and receive accurate answers as they apply to your situation.