Financing in Boonville>Question Details

Scottie, Home Buyer in

i got a loan for my current house,but would like to move .could i get another before forecloser?

Asked by Scottie, Mon Apr 7, 2008

Answers

1
Hi Scottie. Whether you'd be able to get a loan before the foreclosure on your current home will really depend on your income and your credit score. Since you may be facing foreclosure, I have to conclude that you don't have enough money to make your payments on the current loan and that you'd not qualify for a second loan even if your credit score were still good enough. The current loan will definitely count towards you debt to income ratio and you can't say that they should ignore those payments because you'll be going into foreclosure anyway. This may be not what you wanted to hear, but unfortunately, it's the truth. You should talk to a mortgage professional to discuss your options. You may also want to try to negotiate with your current lender to see if they are willing to refinance to avoid foreclosure. You could also look into short selling, but I don't know if you'd qualify for a hardship since I don't know anything about your situation. Good luck to you.
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA