Financing in Port Richey>Question Details

Todd J Curran, Home Buyer in 34668

how hard is it to get a loan for a hom with no money down and minimal closing cost?

Asked by Todd J Curran, 34668 Mon Jun 14, 2010

It is NOT hard at all. I do it all day long.
I am a Mortgage Broker and close deals all the time where the buyer actually gets their Escrow Check back.
What area are you looking in?

Chris Suarez
Suarez Home & Finance Corp.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 15, 2010
Here in Austin there are many programs from HUD owned homes with $100 down payments, USDA 100% financing and Bond 77 programs to help with down payments and closing costs. Find a good mortgage broker who will take the time to work with you and find the local programs that you qualify for. They are most likely out there.

Good luck with your search.
If your income is low, you may qualify for downpayment assistance. Google Affordable Housing and your county name and find a lender on their approved list.

Also Kristine Bredeau with HomeBanc can help you. My client is buying a nice house ($83k) and only has to bring $36 to closing! He did put up $1k earnest deposit once his offer was accepted, too.

If you income is not the problem, then you may want to take the Financial Peace University with to help you get on the right path.

I see you belong to a couple of UNIONS dont they have programs to help you orbtain a mortgage?
They should know some tricks or have clout with lenders, ask your Union for help..
It can be done if you have super credit and no deliquent payment history,it all depends who is working with you, other wise,its almost impossible.
Or you can get a For Sale by Owner to hold the note, but you really need to know what you r doing..
Almost impossible, there are government programs still available but you must get approval to participate. There are maximum income limits and other qualification requirements.