Financing in Florida Center>Question Details

Angelica Sua…, Home Buyer in North Central Hollyw...

help, need some insight in getting a mortgage loan.

Asked by Angelica Suarez, North Central Hollywood, Hollywood, FL Wed Nov 10, 2010

I will be a first time home buyer. My credit is great, my income is sufficient. Basically my situation is out of the norm. I work for my husband, have so for the past few years. We relocated our office and because we were waiting for the buildout of the new office, I didn't get income for about 8 months. I am now making $1000k per week starting in October 2010. I have a sufficient amount of saving and all I need is about a 60K loan for a 90K home. I will be applying for the loan solo since my husband has financial problems from previous home purchase before we were married. Anyhow, I can prove that I had income in 2008 and 2009, 2010 is whats giving me problems, since I just started making income in October. Will it be impossible for me to get a loan, will I be wasting my time even trying? I tried with Bank of America but they are making me jump through hoops and seem very reluctant to give me a loan. I just need someone to tell me, its' possible or impossible. THank you

Answers

2
Hi, Angelica

Major bank are not very proficient when it comes to mortgages. Their expertise is checking/saving accounts, CD's and credit cards. That were they make the substantial bulk of their money and truly excell at!

The issue is that you work for your husband and your co. (at least it sounds like it) temporarily shut down for 8 months until the new office was completed. Based on what you've shared, and if you've been a W2 employee to date, the solution is simple:

- 08 & 09 W2s
- Last 30 day paystubs
- LOX explaining the 8 month gap in your salary as being a temporary laid off.

This and a different lender, go to a mortgage broker or coorespondent direct lener, should do it.
I work for a direct lender with licensed and knowledgeable LO for FLorida that can assist you if you wish.
Hello Angelica,

Ruby's answer was spot on. If you are an employee of the company and are paid via a w-2 income, you should not have a problem with a valid letter of explanation as to why your income was substantially less in 2010. The only problem I could foresee would be if you had any late payents report on your credit during that 8 month period. Other than that you should be fine. If you have not completed your purchase and are still actively looking, I'd be happy to assist you further. We are a national direct lender with exceptional rates and service second to none wth transactions closing in as little as 10 days and on average closing in 2 weeks.

Joshua A. Lerette
Senior Loan Officer
Residential Finance Corporation
813-402-4637
800-930-7334 ext. 1108
Josh.Lerette@myrfc.com