Financing in 29203>Question Details

2shadow, Home Buyer in 29203

do to identity theft i have a tax lien on my credit history can i get a home loan?

Asked by 2shadow, 29203 Fri Oct 29, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 29203

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi 2shadow....

ID theft is an awful thing to happen while you are looking for a home. Fortunately, as alluded to in some of your other answers there are steps you can take to get this straightened out....your first step is choosing a great lender that can review your credit with you and begin the process of getting everything straightened out, including the removal of any liens that are not, in fact, yours!
Jim, Home Savings of America, 703 591 5626 ext 419.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 30, 2010

In you question you make reference to identity this tax lein on your property or on a property in your name "due to indentity theft"? Having that knowledge would go a long way.....for if you could prove that it was identity theft showing that you actually never owned said property, you may legal recourse to have this item removed from your credit report. Now if this is your property and circumstances resulting from the identity theft has caused this tax lien, then the advice given to you from our mortgage industry would be proper.

I hope this helps, if I can be of anymore assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at any time

Howard Rose III, Army(Ret) Realtor
Agent Leadership Council
Keller Williams Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
The tax lien will have to be removed or you need to show that you have a repayment agreement and have made at least 3 payments. If the later that payment will be included in your monthly debt and applied against your gross monthly income.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
Talk to a local Mortgage Broker. He/She should be able to point you in the right direction to getting the proof you will need to get your tax lien released. The Mortgage Broker should also be able to pre-qualify you for a loan and explain how much of a home you can afford to buy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
You will need to do a couple of things, the first is to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any programs that you may quailify for. They can then point you in the right direction to get your credit cleaned up.

The 2nd thing you will need to work on is contacting the town/city/state that put the tax lien on you, and getting it released.

Please see my blog for advice and tips on getting a mortgage
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 29, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer