Financing in Peabody>Question Details

Searching, Home Buyer in Peabody, MA

credit score of 600 or lower make 60k a year can I be approve for a VA loan for 200k-220k?

Asked by Searching, Peabody, MA Mon Jun 1, 2009

Answers

8
Danny’s answer
Being a Veteran myself (ETS 2005), when I was looking into purchasing an investment property in Frederick, Md I got pre-approved and approved with a 607 credit score for 378K (the purchase price of the home) My lender didn't put it max, just 378K. I was making 67K at the time...

Hope this helps. Hooah!

Hope this helps. Hooah!
Are you currently working with a buyers agent? Most often they can answer most of your questions or direct you to professional that can. If you need help getting started contact me anytime.

Kelli Cassidy
978-979-2823
thanks so much for the info contacted bank of america and was told min credit score is 550 and all collection must be paid off ,
Absolutely. Your scores are just fine for VA approval. I just closed one last week with a 607 and we had no snags whatsoever. Your key is finding a lender without a minimum credit score requirement, like Bank of America Home Loans. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Luke Allison
Bank of America Home Loans
828-777-8828
luke.allison@bankofamerica.com
There are originators out there doing loans in the mid 500's. Call Bob Capone from MSA mortgage at 978-479-8886. Won't cost you anything to get a professional opinion. And if that doesn't work, I have one more for you. contact me with any questions if you want.
Paul
Web Reference: http://www.lynnforsale.com
You can get a VA loan with a 585 score on higher, so you should be OK. There are a lot of lenders that have imposed 620 min credit scores for FHA and VA, but there are still some that go below that.
Web Reference: http://socalvaloans.com
For VA you would need a credit scored of 720. Lowest requirement would be 620 for an FHA with 3.5% down.