Financing in Manchester>Question Details

Rhodeskn, Other/Just Looking in Manchester, MI

can you get a mortgage loan with a credit score of 525-548? I am currently trying to pay things off.

Asked by Rhodeskn, Manchester, MI Sat Aug 15, 2009

mortgage loans bad credit

Answers

3
You might consider repairing your credit and rebuilding your credit rating. I can assist you with improving your credit profile. Good luck!
You probably will struggle to get a conventional mortgage (if possible), but you do have another alternative: seller financing.
Your best bet is the current lender that owns your mortgage. Anything under 620 these days is considered damaged credit, and you're not going to find a lender wanting to take on another bank's problems, however your current lender may be willing to work with you on restructuring your mortgage if it helps avoid a foreclosure. You likely would not be able to consolidate any other debts though.

If you are over 62 yrs old you may be able to do a reverse mortgage. These loans are not based on credit scores, only your age and the amount of equity you have in the home

Best of luck
Tony