Financing in Milwaukee>Question Details

Jdregne53563, Renter in Greenfield, WI

can i get a mortgage with 10% down?

Asked by Jdregne53563, Greenfield, WI Wed May 2, 2012

Answers

6
Michelle Battisfore’s answer
Yes, as long as you qualify. The best thing to do is contact a mortgage consultant or your banks mortgage department to get accurate answers. I always refer my customers to a mortgage consultant that I know is dependable, well experienced and holds my customers hand thru the transaction.
You should be able to get a loan with 10% down. Usually, you only need 3.5% down for an FHA loan and there are some other loans available. The question is whether or not you would qualify for a loan and that can only be answered by a lender. I would be happy to provide you with some names of lenders who could help you. Give me a call: 414-207-3953

Nina Kraus
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

Follow me on facebook; Nina Kraus - Kraus Houses
Web Reference: http://www.kraushouses.com
You should be able to get a loan with 10% down. There are many loan product to chose from and if you would like any referrals for obtaining a mortgage let me know and I can email you a list of good, experienced leders.
Dear Jdregne53563,

You already received some great answers. There are several options available with a 10% down payment. I have several lenders from the area that I've worked with for a long time and they specialize in first-time home buyers. There is a bit of a learning curve in the beginning, but it is not rocket science. With the right people in your corner, you should be able to move forward fairly quickly.

The first step is to meet with a mortgage lender.

Best of luck to you.
Yes, however there are other factors that determine qualification, such as income, debt, credit, etc., therefore visit with any licensed loan officer; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Yes you can get a mortgage with 10% down. Most conventional mortgage programs you can get with as little as 5% down if you are going to occupy the home you are looking to buy. If you qualify for an FHA mortgage you can do as little as 3.5% down.

If you need an experienced lender, feel free to contact me and I can give you several good lenders you could talk to. Feel free to call me at 414-687-2159 with any questions.