Financing in Springville>Question Details

Nicolenoel, Home Buyer in Springville, PA

2 months into the home buying process, our loan package was finally sent to USDA RD for approval. How long does this usually take? We are in PA.

Asked by Nicolenoel, Springville, PA Thu Jan 26, 2012

What are some problems that we may come across? Our lender said our application package is "clean" and he doesn't see where there would be any issues but I keep hearing horror stories about the USDA being very picky and it taking forever.

Answers

2
Rob, thank you for your response. We had a horrid lender prir to this one so I can FULLY appreciate ALL our current lender is doing for us. If a day goes by without hearng from me for an update, he expresses concern. At this point, I am just worried because our close date is the 28th which isn't happening and my mind is going into panic mode.
Nicolenoel, sounds like you have a lender who is on top of things which is good. Not always the case. I would suggest to follow-up with your lender every week and see if there are any glitches, that can be resolved on yours or lenders side. Buyers are at the mercy of these institutions these days.

Hang in there and be pro-active.

Good Luck,

Rob