Financing in 07849>Question Details

Magicredscarf, Home Buyer in 07849

Will my husband and I be able to get a VA loan if he is seperating in OCT...?

Asked by Magicredscarf, 07849 Tue May 26, 2009

My husband is seperating in October we would like to buy a house in nj however our preapproval through USAA is no good becausehe's getting out in Oct unless we get a letter that he's guaranteed a job (which would be easier if he wasn't deployed). My income can't hold the loan on it's own...anyboody have any suggestions?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 07849

Answers

3
Magicredscarf, Gene is correct. The VA loan is an entitlement that your husband earned. He can use it anytime during his lifetime. As long as he repays the loan by either refinancing or selling your home in the future, your husband will be able to use the entitlement of a VA loan once again.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 27, 2009
That is a good question, You will need to show proof of income in order to qualify for the loan. My suggestion would to speak to a loan officer who can help guide you in the right direction. I have one for you to call if you need one. His name is Bob and his # is 973-476-2628. I am a local agent in Lake Hopatcong NJ. If you are looking in this area please keep me in mind. I can help you with your search.
Magicredscarf: I would like to thank your husband for his service to our Country. Also, I agree with Corey. Regards,