Financing in Leesburg>Question Details

Nancy, Home Buyer in Tavares, FL

Who offers Manufactured homes mortgages?

Asked by Nancy, Tavares, FL Fri Oct 8, 2010

Let FHA Loans Help You
FHA loans have been helping people become homeowners since 1934. How do we do it? The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) � which is part of HUD � insures the loan, so your lender can offer you a better deal.
• Low down payments
• Low closing costs
• Easy credit qualifying
What does FHA have for you?
Buying your first home?
FHA might be just what you need. Your down payment can be as low as 3.5% of the purchase price, and most of your closing costs and fees can be included in the loan. Available on 1-4 unit properties.
Want a fixer-upper?
FHA has a loan that allows you to buy a home, fix it up, and include all the costs in one loan. Or, if you own a home that you want to re-model or repair, you can refinance what you owe and add the cost of repairs - all in one loan.
Financial help for seniors
Are you 62 or older? Do you live in your home? Do you own it outright or have a low loan balance? If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, then the FHA Reverse Mortgage might be right for you. It lets you convert a portion of your equity into cash.
Want to make your home more energy efficient?
You can include the costs of energy improvements into an FHA Energy-Efficient Mortgage.
How about manufactured housing and mobile homes?
Yes, FHA has financing for mobile homes and factory-built housing. We have two loan products � one for those who own the land that the home is on and another for mobile homes that are - or will be - located in mobile home parks.
Ask an FHA lender to tell you more about FHA loan products.
Find an FHA lender
Need advice? Contact a HUD-approved housing counselor or call
(800) 569-4287.
Need help with your downpayment? State and local governments offer programs that can help. Find a program near you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 18, 2010
I'm way late for this one but it just popped up on my radar so here goes anyway.

Please feel free to log onto our Trulia [] or Active Rain blog [] for more comprehensive information about the MH Industry.

Or you can check our our website and give us a call or drop us an email. We are RE Brokers, Manufactured Home Dealers and licensed, bonded and insured General Contractors and have been actively engaged in the MH Industry statewide for almost 3 decades.

We also do "Lonnie Deals"
ERA Mortgage, John Mathews 434-2246
My company offers loan for manufactured homes. The home has to be permanently attached. You can contact me at or 877-288-8303 ext 325. I am located in Tampa.
Hi Nancy,

I have been checking on this for weeks, and the only ones I have found are FHA and VA loans for primary residence. They must be fairly new, be permanently attached, and not be on a rented lot (the land must be include). In some cases they almost must be double wide. They also must undergo a "structural test" which is ordered by the bank much like an appraisal is, and must pass this test.

In our area, Beach Community, Wells Fargo, will in very limited cases. If I were you, I would let my fingers do the walking and call various loan departments at the banks in your location and just ask them the question you have asked here.

I hope this at least gives you some ideas.

Best of luck,

MYke Triebold, GRI,LMC
Web Reference:
Hello Nancy,

Can you give some specifics as to what type of mobile home you want to finance. What is the age of the home? Where is it located? Is it land and home?

Jimmy Williams
Coldwell Banker
Tyre & Taylor Realty, Inc.
Eustis, FL 32726
(352) 874-2354
Web Reference: