Financing in Detroit>Question Details

Maria Miller, Other/Just Looking in housing commission

Where do i go to apply for low income housing in Detroit, Mi?

Asked by Maria Miller, housing commission Wed Dec 12, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:


In addition to the housing commission and the MSHDA Don't forget to look at HUD REO's, there's many properties there that are perfect for low-income families that can be purchased for 3.5% down or as little as $100 down.

Your agent will better be able to direct you to view these homes but you can do some searching from your computer in between viewing properties with your agent.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 11, 2012
Im looking for low incoming houses
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 11, 2012
Detroit Housing Commission
1301 E. Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48207
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 10, 2010
Where do i go to apply for low-income housing in Detroit, Michigan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 21, 2008
Although I don't know about low income rentals, if you are a first time homebuyer, go to a major bank and ask to speak to someone about getting a MSHDA (pronounced Mishda) loan. MSHDA is the Michigan State Housing Development Authority and they assist low-to-moderate income families to purchase their first home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 13, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer