Financing in 20220>Question Details

Textnsave, Home Buyer in 20220

Where can a non-US resident with excellent credit and a large deposit (20%-30%) get a US loan? Total purchase around $900,000 - need say $650,000.

Asked by Textnsave, 20220 Sat Aug 20, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 20220

Answers

9
It can be done with that size down payment. What you need is a portfolio lender that has their own money and doesn't follow the rules of FNMA/FHLMC.
Bad news is they are few and far between. Good news is I know where one is right in DC and that is their niche. Especially in DC where the rules can be a little different. Condos are generally not a problem either.
Please let me know iff you are interested via email and I will arrange an initial consultation with no obligation.
Brent
nmlsr#111407
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 20, 2011
You are going to have to contact a few different banks since all banks have their own loan criteria to see which one will lend you money. They may require a social security number (which does not indicate citizenship) or they may have other requirements, but there is no law against non-US citizens obtaining loans from US financial institutions.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 20, 2011
Watch out the guy named Ricard - EI Bey.
He is a fraud. He cannot get you any loan at all. What he does is cheat your money for appraisal which he will never done. Once if he got the money, he will not answer your phone or email anymore. You can search at Georgia License website, he does not have license at all. Just a fraud.
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
thegocp@gmail.com
With 10-15% down if you have a social security number and decent credit this loan can be done and done here locally in DC. That's much better and will be faster and easier than dealing with large national banks.
It would be an ARM fixed for 5 years. The rate would be in the 4ish range and depend on a your credit and what type of property. Condo or TH etc. Please let me know if you are interested and we'll make it happen.
Brent
nmlsr#111407
If you have a Social Security number and prove your income, then it isn't difficult. You will need at least 25% down.
You can get a loan with 35% down if you have the proper Visa. You can email me directly at john.settles@wellsfargo.com. I can give you more specifics once I know your about your Visa type. Your credit score will also determine eligibility and downpayment.

John
Web Reference: http://www.jfsettles.com
Hi there,
This is a topic that I have become familiar with while working wit foreign buyers in Manhattan. I had asked multiple mortgage lenders that I use to comment on my blog topic. The consensus I drew is that financing IS possible up to 65% max with the most common at 50%. The type of properties however may be your main restriction. Not all buildings in Manhattan allow foreign nationals. It's especially tough in Co-Op buildings. Your price point suggests a condo, 1 or 2 bed for approximately 1000-1100 square feet. Though it's doable, you may need to be able to put 35% to as much as 50% down to get financing.
Sorry but you can't, the US loans are Government secured and the Government is not going to lend to a non-US Citizen. You can get financing in your country & convert that money over to US Dollars then you can purchase for CASH over here providing that you provide proof of funds. Good Luck with your search!