Financing in San Anselmo>Question Details

Lolo, Home Owner in San Anselmo, CA

Where can I find listings of recent sales and foreclosures in San Anselmo?

Asked by Lolo, San Anselmo, CA Sat Aug 6, 2011

Answers

5
I agree with Anastasia. Having been an REO agent for many years, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten calls from people who have gotten foreclosure information off of public web sites and the bank web sites, thinking that home is still available. Those sites are almost universally not up to date. It is most accurate to work with your agent or you will be frustrated.
The best way to get up to date info is to call your real estate agent. Before you write this off as a self promoting tag line, hear me out. Online sites do not have the most recent info. It is listed with the tax recorder in your county. It is also posted at the MLS upon close of sale if it was an on market sale. Agents track this information regularly. Sometimes, it can be esoteric to the lay person. Some agents will track down the info you want, prepare a report and email it to you. This information will almost always be more up to date than the online sites and more comprehensive b/c we can dig into the records to find off market sales.
The MLS will have most of the information you are looking for regarding listings and foreclosures. There are websites with foreclosure information. In addition, Bradley Real Estate has a relationship with lenders and we will have information regarding foreclosed properties before they are ready for the MLS. If I can help, let me know. Beth at bsasan01@gmail.com.
I agree with Cecile. As real estate brokers, we have access through our Marin Multiple Listing Service with all the closed sales in every city. It might be beneficial for you to obtain a full CMA (comparative market analysis) for San Anselmo so you can get an overview of all of the closed sales in San Anselmo. This report gives a consumer days on the market that the property has had, any price reductions, percent of the list price to the sales price, and you can then look at the overall picture of what the market is like in San Anselmo.
Also, San Anselmo has a few different neighborhoods, and as agents, we can break the statistics down to your neighborhood, whether it's Sleepy Hollow, downtown, Yolando Park, Hawthorne Hills, Morninside, etc.
Hope this helps, Madeline Schaider
I can give you the recent sales and foreclosed sales in San Anselmo when you contact me. There are websites where you can research recent foreclosed homes in Marin County and see what stage of the process they are in. Hope this helps! chawkins@apr.com