Financing in 52804>Question Details

Blawrie44, Home Buyer in Davenport, IA

What will banks look at to determine what they are willing to loan on a residential property ? Does condition of house?

Asked by Blawrie44, Davenport, IA Wed Jan 23, 2013

2 bedroom - 2 bath residential home under 900 square foot
with extensive upgrades exp: kitchen, bathroom, siding

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 52804

Answers

2
The amount the bank is willing to loan on a residential property depends on many different aspects such as the credit score of the buyer, value of the property and the loan program available to the buyer. Where the condition of the property comes into play is when considering the value. The bank will require an independent appraisal of the property in which the appraiser will view the property and compare it to other comparable properties recently sold. They will also note any issues that may be required by the loan program (FHA and VA financing have specific requirements for the property).

This is a great question and unfortunately does not have a specific answer. In today's lending industry, there are many variables that effect a homes marketability. If you have a specific property in mind, I would be more then happy to look it over, answer any questions you may have and give you my best recommendation as how to proceed.

I hope my answer gives you a little more clarity to your question and wish you the best of luck with your purchase or sale.

-peter
This is a question better suited for a lender, they will be more than happy to answer your questions. If you need help finding a lender to ask for help let me know and I will help you get a hold of one. Yo