Financing in Eagan>Question Details

Shane, Home Buyer in Eagan, MN

What mortgage programs are available in MN for low-downpayment assistance?

Asked by Shane, Eagan, MN Sat Mar 1, 2008

I will likely be buying something in the Eagan, Apple Valley, Burnsville area. Do any of these cities have assistance programs (grants or loans)?

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Eagan

Answers

4
Shane,

I do believe that the state program is still in place. Qualifying has probably tightened, but what hasn't?

Here's a website to check out...... http://www.mnhousing.gov/consumers/home-buyers/loans/index.aspx

I hope that helps!

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com
Shane, there are programs available for you. I would, like my fellow Realtors, advise you to talk with a mortgage professional to see what is available. You will find that the mortagage market is changing on a daily basis and your options are becoming more limited everyday. But, don't let this stop you from taking advatage of one of the best buyers markets we have seen since the 1930's.

If you would like a referral for two outstanding brokers that I work with please click on my web reference below. Thanks!
Dakota County has a bond program available... Michael is right, you should talk to a loan officer. Here are two to consider:

Russ Christian - Edina Realty Mortgage
763-551-6706
russchristian@edinarealty.com

Nicci Brown - Edina Realty Mortgage
763-569-5610
niccibrown@edinarealty.com
Shane,
FHA still has a program where the seller pays the buyers closing costs and down payment but it is supposed to go away 3/31/08.
Things are changing daily in the mortgage market, I would suggest you talk to a lender or two. If you would like a referral please let me know.
Michael Doyle Realtor