Financing in 06851>Question Details

Shawn, Both Buyer and Seller in 06851

What is the second best way to get comparables on a property other than hiring an appraiser?

Asked by Shawn, 06851 Thu Mar 1, 2012

I am trying to get accurate comparables on properties without hiring an appraiser, I am looking to purchase and I am doing my own research.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 06851

Answers

13
Hire a local REALTOR. Not just an agent, one that is also a REALTOR.

REALTOR BUYER AGENTS work for FREE -- NO COST TO THE HOME BUYER. Their fees are already included in the price of the homes listed in the MLS System. And if you don't hire your Buyer Agent, then the Seller's Agent will just make a double-commission.

Hire a Buyer Agent REALTOR. Make them do the work. And they can give you access to all of the data you are wanting. NO COST.

********************
Give me a "BEST ANSWER" or "THUMBS UP" if this answered your question. Thanks!
*******************
If you have more questions: post them, email them, or call me 704-858-2345
Web Reference: http://natewolf.com
Any local agent/realty office can provide a cma, comparative market analysis; cma's are provided free of charge by most agents.
Cookie,
Do you have a listingbook account?
If not call me 914-450-3880 & I will send you one.
This is a great way to access the MLS system and search to your hearts content.
Hannelore
Hannelore Kaplan
CHAIRMAN'S ELITE TOP 10 CT AGENT
Mobile: (914) 450-3880
Email: Hannelore.Kaplan@raveis.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 1, 2012
zillow.com will tell you what other homes sold in the area and for how much.
This is an easy one. Trulia search. Zillow.com search. The best for local information is your MLS. Any questions on obtaining additional information: Visit: http://www.HamptonsHomes4Sale.com to see how easy it is to obtain information on comparables. Best of Luck !
Cookie clearly wants to do her own research.
Cookie the best way for you to access the MLS system to find your comps is to get a Listingbook account which feeds directly from the MLS. The other sites mentioned also feed from the MLS but in my opinion listingbook is the best site for buyers and sellers. And it's user friendly. All my clients are on the site daily.
Let me know if you need my help setting up a Listingbook Account.

Hannelore Kaplan
CHAIRMAN'S ELITE TOP 10 CT AGENT
Mobile: (914) 450-3880
Email: Hannelore.Kaplan@raveis.com
Thanks for giving me a "BEST ANSWER."

Here's the ironic part: Even APPRAISERS call REALTORS and use the REALTORS' MLS SYSTEMS to determine comparables.

Sure, appraisers use tax records and recent sales data from governmental sources. But ONLY the REALTORS' MLS SYSTEM gives photos, descriptions, measurements, room counts, and other features and renovations which ALL affect appraisal value and determine if a property is actually a true Comparable.

So.... Go to the SOURCE. Hire a REALTOR!

********************
*******************
Web Reference: http://natewolf.com
Hi Cookie;
All Realtors can help you with a Comperative Market Analysis or CMA. The things to keep in mind are: talking/working with a local Realtor who is familiar with your area and knows that within Norwalk CT prices can flactuate quite a bit. Second I would recommend to not only look at recent Solds, but also at homes currently "Active" on the market, proberties that failed to sell, and homes under contract. Make sure these comps are similar to your home in style, size, condition, acreage, and location. I personally like to sign my clients up on Listingbook so they can familiarize themselves with their target area.
I hope this is of help to you; Claudia
Web Reference: http://www.tergisteam.com
Hi Cookie,
As a buyer or seller seeking comparable sales, you have many resources at your fingertips. There are the public websites of Realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia, all of which offer recent sales info. As a matter of fact, if your are iphone literate you can have a lot of fun by downloading the Realtor.com or Zillow app to your phone and it will, on the spot , produce recent sales in the immediate area of where you stand.
All that being said, we Realtors are here to help! This is what we do 24/7 and can give you very accurate recently sold comparables to consider. When a home is preparing to go on the market we provide this information as means to accurately suggest the realistic sales price expectation. Along with this information, I also offer repair and staging suggestions to assist you in obtaining the greatest price for your home with the smartest minimal investment.
Are you working with an agent? If you are presently NOT under a written contractual relationship with a Realtor, I would be happy to help you in Norwalk.
Best of Luck,
Realtor Lisa Jones, GREEN, ICREA, CIPS
Golden Key Achiever, over $50Million in recent residential sales!
HIGGINS GROUP
203-218-6664 Cell
203-529-3065 Private Fax
Email: LJones@HigginsGroup.com
Agent Webpage: http://higginsgroup.com/agent/109-lisa-jones/?p=1&search…
When trying to determine comparables only use sold properties up to six months prior if possible,style,square footage,# of bedrooms and proximity to the subject property are some of the criteria you will want to use.Hope this answers your question.Good luck with your research..............Chuck
Technically buyer's real estate agents are not free. We are not legally allowed to claim that our services are free. However if the seller has already agreed to list a home for sale with an agent, then you are entitled to another real estate agent to represent you and there will be no further cost to you for this beyond what you are paying for your home. Further, there is no charge until a closing of the transaction.
A real estate agent is happy to complete a comparable market analysis for you which will assist in determining market value. They will show you the sale prices of comparable homes and give you their price opinion.
Please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!
If you are not under contract with another agent or agency I would be delighted to assist you. There is no cost or obligation. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Samuel Gabe
Halstead Property
Licensed Realtor®
Halstead Property Connecticut, LLC
671 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT 06820
t: 203.656.6518 | c: 203.856.8399 | f: 203.702.5088
sgabe@halstead.com I halstead.com
My blog: http://www.trulia.com/blog/samgabe/
If you are working with a Realtor, he or she can provide you with comps as part of the service provided.