Financing in Orlando>Question Details

Fmocid, Home Owner in Caballo, NM

What is the seasoning requirement for securing a first mortgage on a California property that was gift quitclaimed to me.?

Asked by Fmocid, Caballo, NM Sat Feb 26, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi fmocid,
I don't think there is a seasoning requirement. Seasoning is a term that usually refers to an investor who buys a property and wants to flip it. If there is no mortgage or any junior liens, and you are on title, you should be able to get a mortgage on it. You should check with a real estate attorney or loan officer to be sure. Bear in mind that all mortgage companies are not created equal, because one says no, doesn't mean the other 10 won't say yes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer