Financing in 20171>Question Details

suresh.chinta, Other/Just Looking in Herndon, VA

What is the best mortgage rate for 30 yr fixed loan with an average credit score of 787 for a property in 20171 zip code ?

Asked by suresh.chinta, Herndon, VA Sun Nov 13, 2011

Can some one please throw some light on what is the best possible mortgage rate for30 year fixed loan with a credit score of 787 (average of all 3 credit bureaus). The property is located in zip code 20171. Thank you.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 20171

Answers

10
Jeanne Little’s answer
Hello Suresh, Compiling all this information may be overwhelming but look closely at each entry. Take notes on each and be sure to ask your lender questions based on your notes. Together, they will result in you having great knowledge in your obtaining a mortgage to best suit your needs. Lenders with a good track record and referred by others are the best to work with. Searching the net for flashy words, great deals and heart grabbing headlines is not advised. Contact John Melnick at Presidential Mortgage 703-303-6434 John.Melnick@presidential.com. Professional, Dedicated to Quality Service.

Jeanne Little
Century 21 Gawen Realty
Suresh,

You've received some excellent advice. So I'll just add my two cents worth. Ask any loan officer about all the loan programs for which you may be eligible. For example, there are 100% loans available with BB&T (and other banks), 2% down loans, and others. But you must ask. And watch out for any lender who is not local. I try my best to get my clients to use only local lenders because that relationship is invaluable when things go wrong. You want a lender who responds quickly to your questions and concerns, one who you can reach when you have an important (and not so important) question. A lender who is working for your best interest is worth more than an interest point or two.

Leila Brown
Licensed in DC and VA
6820 Elm Street
McLean, VA 22101
703 636-7300 (office)
Web Reference: http://www.tlcwithlcb.com
Brent hit the nail on the head, also if you want to see a realistic ballpark best rate you can view Freddie Mac's weekly primary market survey - http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/ - though keep in mind this is an average of a few days and rates change every day (sometimes midday)

When you are comparing make sure you are checking total bank fees, points, rate, etc. Use your gut and recommendations from friends or Realtors, as a super low rate that doesn’t ever close doesn't mean anything, and ends up costing you money compared to a bank rate quote that can close you in 30 days.

If you would like to comparison shop I would be happy to answer your questions over the phone after knowing all of the details.
Web Reference: http://www.nickhomeloan.com
My colleagues below have provided some excellent advice. To add a bit more..the rate will certainly depend on your rate lock. If for example you are closing 45 days from today..and wish to lock the rate now..that's one thing. If the market (rates) remained exactly the same and say you are closing 45 days from today but do not lock untli say 15 days from closing..the rate should be less. This is probably one of the bigger secrets in the industry and if you are comparing loan officer to loan officer..and they do not ask you this question..you will not be able to accurately compare.

If you need assistance..let me know. Your Realtor however, if they are professional and have been in the industry successfully doing deals..should have a quality mortgage lender for you. In 20+ years..I have not used more than 3 different lenders and I have never had a loan fail to close or a settlement delayed. That is what should be expected from a loan officer.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate, inc.
703.216.1222
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
Shop for a mortgage like you would shop for anything else. Shopping around for a home loan or mortgage will help you to get the best financing deal. A mortgage—whether it’s a home purchase, a refinancing, or a home equity loan—is a product, just like a car, so the price and terms may be negotiable. You’ll want to compare all the costs involved in obtaining a mortgage. Shopping, comparing, and negotiating may save you thousands of dollars.

You can more info on what to ask at my site at; http://www.northvirginiarealtor.com/finance.html

Best of luck.
As others have mentioned your rate does not depend totally on your credit score, it depends more on what type of loan you are trying to get, your debt to income ratio and other such factors. I would recommend talking to a few different lenders to see who can offer you the best deal.

Hello Suresh,

As a Realtor I like to leave the loan and mortgage questions up to the Lenders. They are the experts in the financing field and can give you the best information regarding rates and any other questions you may have. If you have real estate related questions or need a Realtor to assist you in purchasing the Oak Hill/Herndon property in 20171 I'd be happy to help you.

I agree with Vivian and Chris and would like to recommend you speak to one of the lenders my clients frequently use, Terry Schenck with Prosperity Mortgage. Terry's a great guy, very knowledgeable and quick to respond. He will run many scenarios to find you the best options. I encourage you to give him a call.

Prosperity Mortgage Company Tel 703-968-7000 x 3252 | Cell 703-408-3978 | eFax 866-471-9752
terry.schenck@prosperitymortgage.com http://www.ownwithloan.com

I can suggest other lenders as well so if you'd like more names please let me know.

All the best, Sherry
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Suresh,

You have some good advice from the realtors above. I am a lender and here is what any lender needs to quote you an accurate rate.
Is this for a purchase or a refinance?
We need credit scores, equity position, type of home (ex. SFR or condo) If a refinance is there a 2nd mortgage to the property and do you wish to have just a lower rate or need a cash out? There are other minor factors as well. Do you wish to have a zero point quote or buy down the rate? These types of questions would allow a loan officer to provide an honest accurate rate quote for your situational needs. A different set of criteria will lead to an approval but some of these factors discussed lead to an approval status. I hope this was helpful and please contact me tomorrow if you would like more information.
Shoot Jason Smith an email at jasmith@primeres.com. He is a veteran loan officer with Primary Residential Mortgage. The rate will depend somewhat on what type of loan you are using - VA, FHA, Conventional, Investment - but for the most part they are the same across the board. Mortgage rates are linked to the 10 yr treasury and as competitive as things are right now, lenders know consumers are savvy and shopping around so they're pretty consistent.

I would also say since rates are pretty consistent, work a loan officer you like and trust. He's got to be a pro because lending is so tight these days - yes, even with a 787 credit score - that you need to be with someone who really knows what they are doing. If you only spend 20 minutes with a loan officer and he tells you you're absolutely qualified without asking to see your documents or without thoroughly going over your credit report, you're with the wrong loan officer.

Whatever you do, stay away from online lending especially the likes of lendingtree.com. If you apply there, they will shotgun your application to 4 different lenders and if you apply to a 5th (or 6th, or 7th) it will cost you 4 points off your credit score each additional credit pull.

Jason will work hard for you - he handles almost half of my clients. I trust him so much I've referred all of my military buddies to him for purchases and refinances. They have all been very appreciative of his efforts.

Hello Suresh,

The mortgage loan interest rate does NOT depend on credit score alone. The type of loan you use (conventional, FHA, VA, etc), the size of the downpayment, your debt-to-income ratio and debt-to-equity ratio, the points you prepay, the lender you use are also very important.

I suggest that you contact several lenders and compare their loan products.

Vivianne Rutkowski
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
540-229-5429