Financing in 02767>Question Details

Missouri Buy…, Home Buyer in 02767

What is my recourse if my own agent is hidding information from me?

Asked by Missouri Buyer, 02767 Thu May 12, 2011

We are closing tomorrow and she is telling me that HUD is not ready while my lender within 11 min of this email is sending me the HUD

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 02767

Answers

6
sounds more like a communication issue. In Mass the HUD is usually prepared earlier but not exact until last minute. Good luck !
Hi There,

I would not be concerned with this occurrence alone, but it sounds like there may be other underlying concerns that you have had with your agent along the way?

So you understand the logistics of this process, the lender’s attorney/title company (otherwise knows as the closing or conveyancing agent) is the one who prepares the HUD, so your lender is the first in line to be “in the know”. It seems to me, that there was a gap of time where your Agent was not updated by the lender or closing agent.

I hope your closing went well and that you don’t feel that you experienced a loss where you need a recourse. And congratulations on your new home!
Believe your lender. What more can an agent do than to get you a "done deal"

David Cooper..Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Cash Flow. FREE daily list.. email davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org or call +1-7024997037... not a real estate agent
Just curious - What recourse are you looking for? Have you been damaged in any way?

The HUD is prepared....closing will soon take place - tomorrow......be happy!

If your agent was misinformed, or if her information was lagging, and not up to the minute - it happens............why do you think she would purposely be giving you wrong information?
It doesn't make sense to me.

If all esle fails......why not just ASK her why her information was wrong?

Good luck with your closing!
Hi Home Buyer,

Your lender and agent might not be on the same page, doesn't necessarily mean your agent is hiding it from you. Remember the goal of your agent is to get you closed as quickly as possible so that you get your home and he or she gets paid.

Web Reference: http://www.ajsocal.com
Your lender is the one that provides the HUD-1 to both you and your agent. Apparently there was some miscommunication or lapse of communication between your agent and your lender.

Be happy your HUD-1 is done and good luck on your closing.