Question Details

Bill Troton, Home Buyer in Silver Spring, MD

What is P&I financing?

Asked by Bill Troton, Silver Spring, MD Thu Jul 16, 2009

Can someone give me strong definition of what P&I financing is because it is increasing my monthly payments by over $100 dollars and I dont even what it is.

Answers

3
principle and interest, but you're maybe talking about an arm loan, aren't you?

Look at this blog it will help you to learn more about your question.
I've got most of my answers there as well, maybe you will too.

Good Luck.
Bill,

P&I generally refers to Principle and Interest, it differs from PITI which refers to Principle, Interest, Taxes and Insurance. I would need more context to know for sure how P&I is increasing your mortgage payment. Your principle payment should remain static unless you have a subprime loan, the interest payment could be changing because you have an ARM, all of this is just a stab in the dark. Post back with more info and we can all try to help from there.

Where did you see "P&I"? Try to give us some context as well.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com
I think you are talking about PMI Mortgage Insurance. Did you borrow more then 80% of the homes appraised value? If you did you must pay MI on the amount above 80%. It is in insurance in case you default. If you default, banks can recoup part of the loan amount from the insurer. P&I could also mean Principle and Interest. PITI is Principle, Interest, Taxes, and Insurance. Don't know if I helped you.