Financing in Athens>Question Details

William Schl…, Other/Just Looking in Outside U.S.

What if I don't have a U.S. credit rating?

Asked by William Schledlup, Outside U.S. Tue Jun 4, 2013

I am considering a move to Athens in the next 18 to 24 months. I am Canadian, currrently living in Europe. I spent 7 years in New York in university and graduate school. I had some U.S. credit cards while there. When I left at the beginning of 2009 I had US$20,000 in credit card debt and CAD$80,000 in student loans. No derogatory credit. I have since paid it all and closed the card accounts, no missed payments. However, I doubt that I still have much of a U.S. credit rating. They are so arbitrarily determined. Please note, that I could have literally walked away from every penny of that debt and there is no way they could have targeted me. I suspect I would have a hard time getting a mortgage today. I would appreciate it, if someone knowledgeable could tell me if there is anyone out there with the ability to recognize a good credit risk, or if everything is so completely bureaucratized that I would simply be out of luck. Thank-you for your time.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in Athens

If you would like to email me at I will get a lender I work with a lot to talk to you one on one to see what your options are.