Financing in Chicago>Question Details

Trulia Chica…, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

What are some tips to prepare to qualify for a home loan?

Asked by Trulia Chicago, Chicago, IL Mon Apr 1, 2013

Answers

7
Tips?

- Talk to a local mortgage professional that can help look at your specific situation. They can help make sure you are on the right track and give you the needed advice for anything you may need to work on or change.

I started my mortgage career in Chicago (20 years ago!), I miss that city!

Good luck and if you need help finding a great local mortgage person shoot me a message. I have a couple great people I can introduce you to.

Jerry
I would be happy to help you with the pre-qualification process for your upcoming purchase. There are many programs for first time homebuyers. Please contact me at 773-327-3580 Joanna Weiss NMLS#230092
The first step is to contact a Mortgage Banker and run through the pre approval process. Be prepared to provide your social security number for the credit check and expect to answer qustions on what you do for a living, how long you’ve been employed in your current field, and what your salary is. If there is a co-borrower they will need to provide the same information.
You will also need to provide asset information regarding the accounts that you will be using for the transaction. This will include but is not limited to Checking, Savings, and retirement account information.
Sam Sharp
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
773 290 0455
Having a mortgage banker pull a credit report and review tax returns would be the first step into finding out how much of a loan someone would be qualified for. This is a free service that I provide to all of my clients.

Andrew Mabadi
Production Manager
Primelending Mortgage Banker
847-612-8756 Cell
Work on Credit, Income and Down Payment.

and

Work with an experienced and attentive Loan Officer.
Make sure your bills are paid in time. Check your credit report and make sure there are no errors that need to be corrected. Contact a good lender who can guide you through your options. Call or email me if you need a referral.
Have good credit, make payments on credit cards, get all your paperwork together.