Financing in 14228>Question Details

Lee Uk, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

We would like to buy my daughter a condo, 80000.

Asked by Lee Uk, Outside U.S. Sat May 4, 2013

We would like to buy my daughter a condo, 80000. She has graduated and is looking for a job, we can put down a good deposit, but we live abroad.

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 14228

Answers

10
Lee,

Early occupancy is sometimes possible and would be arranged by your attorney. It is also something that must be negotiated and determined on a case-by-case basis so you would first need to find a home you wish to purchase.

Ron Fronckowiak
Mortgage Consultant, CEO
R & R Funding, Inc.
716-685-9696
Web Reference: http://www.RandRFunding.com
Maybe a silly question but would it be possible to rent a property that is for sale as the sale process is going through? A two Month stay in a hotel would be quite a costly affair and being in the property that we hope to buy would be helpful, to get the furniture and other things needed to settle in it.
Hi Lee,

Have a few properties you may interested in; contact me directly to communicate further.

Tamara N Martin
Licensed Real Estate Agent
HUNT REAL ESTATE ERA
Tamara.Martin@HuntRealEstate.com
716-605-7959
Lee, on average, a new home purchase from contract-to-closing is about 45 to 60 days and most likely closer to the latter. It can sometimes be accelerated but this would set proper expectations.

Ron Fronckowiak
Mortgage Consultant, CEO
R & R Funding, Inc.
716-685-9696
Thank you Ron, that sounds good, 60 days is not bad for closing.
Flag Mon May 6, 2013
Another question for the experts. How long does it take on average from viewing a property to buying it, all the paperwork and legal processes to close a sale?
approximately 60 days if there is a mortgage involved, less if a cash transaction in our area (Western New York)
Flag Sun May 5, 2013
Hi Lee
There should not be an issue.
There are so many fine areas to buy in.

Goodluck.
Ruth
Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Thank you for your all your answers. Ron your advice is sound. We'll do the research and see what we can come up with. I must say that $800- $1000 for a room in a safe area is so steep especially when I see that property to buy is reasonably priced, even in good areas like Amherst and Wiliamsville compared to London or UK in general.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Lee,

The very first thing you should do is get pre-qualified for a mortgage. I noticed that you live "outside U.S." and as a result may have very few or no options available to you, personally.

Your daughter may qualify on her own as soon as she gets a job since she recently graduated. In this situation, she would not need to demonstrate a full 2 year work history. You could also gift her the funds required for down payment and closing costs which would eliminate the need for her own personal funds.

It would be in your best interest to investigate these alternatives first before you begin looking for the perfect condo with a realtor.

Please feel free to call me directly to go over your available options or have your daughter call as soon as possible.

Ron Fronckowiak
Mortgage Consultant, CEO
R & R Funding, Inc.
716-685-9696
Web Reference: http://www.WNYMortgages.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
have a couple in Amherst available close to University of Buffalo. We may have already communicated via e-mail. Contact me directly to discuss further:

Joe Sorrentino - Assoc. Real Estate Broker
MJ Peterson Real Estate
joe@joesorrentino.com
716-998-5637
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I have a nice one bedroom condo available in Amherst in Charter Oaks. It is a second floor (great for privacy and security), one bedroom unit priced at $64,900. It is located within walking distance of the University at Buffalo, near I-990 and I-290 expressways. The Charter Oaks complex has a pool and tennis courts included and is one of the most moderately priced complexes in Amherst. Contact me - Kathy Kondratuk, RealtyUSA. E-mail: kkondratuk@realtyUSA.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013