Financing in Paradise>Question Details

Stelar1106, Real Estate Pro in Paradise, CA

We just had an appraisal done incorrectly. Where can we file a complaint?

Asked by Stelar1106, Paradise, CA Tue Aug 3, 2010

The appraiser put that the home was legal non-conforming and that the zoning was rural residential.The home is legal and the zoning is Planned development. Because of this inaccurate information, the lender required a rebuild letter from the city which cost an additional $80 The loan officer told the underwriter and showed the underwriter older appraisals showing different information regarding this matter, but the underwriter ignored the problem and kept requesting the rebuild letter. We called the appraiser ourselves and she admitted to making the error and said she would change it but the Appraisal management company would have to request the updated report in order to get it over to the lender.
If something is done wrong why wouldn't everyone want to fix it? I need to know who to send a complaint to. This new HVCC system is ridiculous!

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you can. but unfortunately if feels like some of these underwriters have a death wish for all deals. They love to put obstacles up for everyone to keep jumping through even though it makes perfect sense to everyone. I have these issues all the time with my buyers and sometimes you just need to go with it.

Very interesting market we have.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
Yes. Your Loan Officer. You made your payment to the AMC. Even though the Loan Officer is the only one to contest the appraisal, if you are not receiving cooperation, contact them directly to amend the appraisal according to what documentation you are able to provide. .... Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 20, 2010
Well, it's not as big of an issue as it may seem, once the appraiser fixes the error it will be resubmitted to U/W and problem solved. The AMC will just request the change and it will be done. An $80 charge is not that much and I'm sure your loan officer would absorb that for you, you should not even have to ask.

If you really want to complain, go to the source of HVCC, and that is Mr Cuomo, who pushed for this ridiculous legislation that does nothing but increase the cost of appraisals for borrowers and muddy the entire system. There are many sites online dedicated to the repeal of HVCC; all you need to do is Google to voice your opinion and be heard.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 3, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer