Financing in 66436>Question Details

Kevin Ellis, Home Seller in Salina, KS

We have a modular home in a park but want to sell and buy a different house what are the financing options with no money available for DP?

Asked by Kevin Ellis, Salina, KS Mon Sep 12, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Financing in 66436

Help the community by answering this question:


To add to the loan officers good information, if you mobil home does not have a loan on it, you may be able to rent it out for additional income.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
If you are buying in the Holton area then once you sell your modular home, and if your household income doesn't exceed $74,050/year, then you can purchase a home with USDA Rural Housing which is 100% financing for homes in rural areas & towns. Also with USDA Rural Housing financing if the home appraises for more than the purchase price you can ever get some/all of your closing costs covered as well/and you can ask for the seller to pay your closing costs when you & your real estate agent write your offer. You can apply for USDA financing through a mortgage broker/lender or directly through USDA (although the income limits are lower if you want to apply directly with USDA - and the process is a little longer, but still worth checking into). is where you can read up on eligible areas (which you'd have to go town to Topeka in order to be in an INeligible area).

Have you heard of USDA rural housing financing? If you'd like to discuss more, have questions, etc. let me know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 12, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Kansas > Jackson County > Holton > 66436 > Financing in 66436 > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer