Financing in Burbank>Question Details

Aoibheann Cl…, Home Buyer in Sun Valley West, El...

We have a chance to buy an REC but it does need some work. How do we finance the work the house needs?

Asked by Aoibheann Clarke, Sun Valley West, El Paso, TX Thu Aug 13, 2009

Your best bet would probably be the FHA 203k loan which has no limits on repairs other than the maximum loan amount for the county the property is located in as well as what type of property 1-4 units. Go to...

Or, you could get an alternative to the 203k loan that is a regular conventional loan if the repairs or no more than $15k.

Any questions let me know, good luck to you.
You may search here for local experience HUD lender

HomePath® Renovation Mortgage Financing:

FHA 203k Rehabilitation Loan Program:

Or, you may contact Dorothy Reynolds (702) 461.3700. She is licensed to do mortgage loans in California. Dorothy is an experienced lender with back end loan processing background. This is valuable experience to help the borrower of being ready for any potential delays or pitfalls during the loan process. Additionally, her experiences in conventional, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and VA loan programs help to provide the borrower with alternative loan programs that best fit the borrower's affordability.

I hope the information helps.

Phone: (626) 529-3072
There are several options in financing repairs to a home you would be purchasing, whether it be your primary or an investment property. Through FHA and conventional lending programs, I can lend on the "after-repair" value, which in turn allows the borrowers to build equity with some simple upgrades or repairs before stepping foot into the property.

We also have partnered with several of the large home renovation retail stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot and Sears to allow our clients to price the additional costs, set up a general contractor who will be approved and to allow us to see the maximum financing options for each individual situation.

I would be more than willing to discuss these finance options as they apply to your situation. My website is listed below which includes many home buying guides, renovation loan programs, an online application, and also my contact information.