Financing in Ponca City>Question Details

Deannag60, Home Buyer in Ponca City, OK

We are interested in purchasing the house at 1408 Holbrook in Ponca CIty Oklahoma. Our credit is excellent. We do not own a mortgage. We are debt

Asked by Deannag60, Ponca City, OK Tue May 17, 2011

free with a few charges here and there. What do we need to do to qualify for this Hud Home

Help the community by answering this question:


Is that home still available? I did not find it at

If you are looking to finance it, you'd want to contact a mortgage lender (or several) to go over what options you would have. With HUD homes you can purchase using the FHA loan program and not need to get an appraisal, or you can use other types of financing but then an appraisal is needed (not that it's a big deal, and it helps protect you from buying an overpriced home as well). FHA has a $100 down payment program when you purchase a HUD owned home, but I do not believe it is offered in Oklahoma at this time. Also with HUD homes often there could be repairs that are needed, and FHA has a special feature where those repairs can be financed into the loan amount into what is called a "repair escrow"... however it would be more difficult to do a repair escrow with conventional financing.

Since you have excellent credit, you are debt free, then it just should come down if your employment qualifies, income is sufficient for the home's price, as well as if you have the required down payment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 20, 2011
You need to talk to a local lender and make application for a home loan. If you need help on finding a mortgage lender, you can email or call me.

Jennifer Henning
[p] 405.625.1576
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 20, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer